What's the name of that poster that knows BJJ?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to know how he would have handled this situation:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDqSyZGoiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDqSyZGoiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
lol thats funny..brown belt didnt want that herb ass blue putting no moves on him without a fight.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I want to know how he would have handled this situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDqSyZGoiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I see a few things wrong with this footage. First there is a guy in a blue belt instructing people. Im not sure if he just lost his belt that day but im official academies you NEVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!, see a coach who is typically a black belt forgetting his belt when hes teaching. The blood sweat and tears that goes into obtaining a BJJ blackbelt is legendary even for the lesser skilled Black Belts. Secondly, i come back to this feeling that shakes me, why is a man in a blue belt teaching. The second thing that urks me is that the guinea pig is resisting too much. I mean the guy lacked some technique and all but the guy wasnt being a compliant partner which is a staple of most BJJ academies. If you know the guy is showing a move, be compliant. Lastly, and the most horrific of all is me coming back to this man being a blue belt teaching a class. I just dont understand. I only watched the footage once but it looks like the other guy is of a higher rank. Why the blue belt was teaching and demonstrating the move on the higher ranked belt is bizarre to me. In my training environment when a lower belt wants to show a move, the higher belt gets him to demonstrate on another person of his rank.

Now, what would i have done. I would have avoided this situation altogether by instructing the blue belt to demonstrate on someone of his rank because as a blue belt you really dont know what you're doing so if you do a move wrong its going to be difficult to tell people watching how your messing up the move you're trying to do on me. Its standard procedure to let 2 people of close enough rank to demonstrate the move on one another and then you correct their technique as needed if at all. I dont think the head coach was at this school that day because this escalated too quickly and as training partners we dont take out anger on one another. We save that for people in the street or tournaments. Hope that helps. :youngsabo:

Bjj brown belt 2 stripes. :whew:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Also, most moves that you are prepared to defend are the easiest to avoid. If i know someone is going to do some kind of throw on me obviously im going to be prepared for it and resist, if thats what i want to do. The brown belt was letting his ego get in the way but i feel where hes coming from, he didnt want to get thrown by a blue belt. Sometimes their technique can be sloppy and they can end up hurting you on accident or on purpose. You never hear a white belt ask the coach, *hey can i throw you a few times*. It doesnt work like that.