What's the deal with peanut butter?

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
Peanut butter contains a lot of fat (calories) and some decent protein for what it is :manny:

Plus it doesn't clog your arteries like animal shyt.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
If ya'll aren't already messing with Peanut Butter & Co, you need to start doing so.

GL_PeanutButterCo1.jpg

images

17010003_nutr.gif

Ain't shyt in the world better.

too much fat and saturated fat for me, but the vanilla white chocolate looks :noah:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
too much fat and saturated fat for me, but the vanilla white chocolate looks :noah:

The vast majority of that fat is quality, you have to get calories somehow and dietary fat is a great way. The saturated fat is reasonable when you consider that 32g of peanut butter is quite a bit, enough for a thick peanut butter sandwich with PB spread on both pieces of bread.

"Low fat" has been pushed down our throats for decades, but fat is not bad for you. The reasoning behind "low fat" is that fat has the highest calories per gram of anything, so avoiding it is supposed to be a good way to keep your calories down. If your calories are in check though, fat don't mean shyt (avoid trans fat though)

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
The vast majority of that fat is quality, you have to get calories somehow and dietary fat is a great way. The saturated fat is reasonable when you consider that 32g of peanut butter is quite a bit, enough for a thick peanut butter sandwich with PB spread on both pieces of bread.

"Low fat" has been pushed down our throats for decades, but fat is not bad for you. The reasoning behind "low fat" is that fat has the highest calories per gram of anything, so avoiding it is supposed to be a good way to keep your calories down. If your calories are in check though, fat don't mean shyt (avoid trans fat though)

Agreed. No good has ever come from trannies. :smh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If ya'll aren't already messing with Peanut Butter & Co, you need to start doing so.

GL_PeanutButterCo1.jpg

images

17010003_nutr.gif

Ain't shyt in the world better.
Seen them in Walmart and thought they would have a laundry list for ingredients. Looks like I'm gonna get a jar or two first thing in the morning

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I've heard that skippy & jiff are both pretty bad for you for reasons I'm not sure of. Just asked remember someone telling me it was hella bad.:yeshrug:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Grabbed some peanut butter for the first time in years. What do you all normally eat it with or should I just take it in by itself?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Grabbed some peanut butter for the first time in years. What do you all normally eat it with or should I just take it in by itself?
I throw a tablespoon in my morning oats along with some cinnamon. The PB provides sweetness so no sugar needed. I will also eat it with 100% whole grain bread

If you are watching calories I would highly recommend measuring your servings because it is calorie dense

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
add it to your post workout shake as well with a banana and blend it all together. shyt is like a full meal in a bottle :ahh:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I eat it right out of the jar. Sometimes I mix it with cottage cheese and some all natural jam

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Peanut, almond & cashew butter, all freshly ground. They're the base of my protien shakes. I haven't eaten a peanut butter sandwhich in years.

I'm 6 weeks into working out and I'll be sticking with it this time. I didn't aim to cut or bulk as I wanted both, but I figured my workout would be good for shedding weight. I'm all bodyweight & cardio for now. Weight dropping off beatifully. Lady co-worker just hit me yesterday with the, "Have you been working out?"

I highly recommend freshly ground. I'd be surprised if you didn't notice the difference in taste.

Cashew butter is the shyt if you didn't know.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
cant do peanut butter smmiches.. i hate the way they gum ya mouth all up, but i will throw the almond or peanut butter in a shake