Whats so great about warhammer 40K?

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep seeing random shyt on it. On steam I run into all types of random games about it from FPS to RTS. I see countless number of books about it in the book store. Random board games n shyt. This shyt seems like the biggest thing ever but I rarely hear anyone hyping anything up about it.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
well its a lame ass tabletop game tbh but the additional shyt in the franchise like lore, video games etc are what makes it dope imo :manny:

they got a top 5 RTS in Dawn of War 1, a great action game in Space Marine, a solid L4D-type game with Deathwing, they got a xcom type game in Mechanicus that i havent played but videos look solid :manny:

it could easily be the GOAT scifi franchise but they upper management is just :trash:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
The lore. I don't rock with the strategy games tho. I need an tps/fps to enjoy. But the lore is basically the template to modern space marine media(Gears,Halo,Starcraft e.t.c)
Go cop space marine breh

also 40k got the goat fan made videos made by one person

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Go cop space marine breh

also 40k got the goat fan made videos made by one person

:salute:
I started space marine on ps3 towards the end of the cycle and dropped it as my ds3 died. Hoping for a good game for the ip in that vein but everything action based has been buns or not in the 40k universe since. Potential is there for a dope action title. Hopefully GameWorks will enable someone to deliver on it next gen.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
:salute:
I started space marine on ps3 towards the end of the cycle and dropped it as my ds3 died. Hoping for a good game for the ip in that vein but everything action based has been buns or not in the 40k universe since. Potential is there for a dope action title. Hopefully GameWorks will enable someone to deliver on it next gen.
They seem like they are gonna start pushing the ip into the mainstream with a couple of tv shows and a partnership with marvel so hopefully they get some solid game developers onboard:manny: cuz eternal crusade was ass cheeks. I liked deathwing tho

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy pretty much birthed all these new IPs we see today, along with Dungeons and Dragons.

And the lore is DEEEEEEEEP, like Warhammer 40k has almost limitless untapped potential brehs. Games Workshop fukked up in the 90s when Blizzard(who were huge Warhammer fans) reached out to them and said they wanted to make a game based off the IP. Games Workshop turned them down and Blizzard created there own in Starcraft and Warcraft and Diablo.

They realized they fukked up back then cause of all the money Blizzard has made now. Thing is with the right to use the Warhammer and 40k IPs and their creative vision behind Blizzards ability to make great games :ohlawd:...

We've missed so many gems cause Games Workshop turned them down, Blizzard and Games Workshop would have turned Warhammer into the #1 IP in the world. I don't really rock with the board games, but the lore and books are very deep and entertaining. I play Warhammer 40k Inquisitor on PS4 sometimes.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Also Warhammer Vermintide 2 is basically Left 4 Dead with swords, magic, and guns. Seriously this game is fun as fukk, I don't understand why it's not more popular than it is. Combat is absolutely addicting.

Total War Warhammer are some of the best atrategy games around, and Warhammer Chaosbane is a good Diablo-esque game. Warhammer and 40k is only gonna get better and I can't wait.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: Is it the same universe ? Like in the future or something ?

Seperate universes, but they throw little easter eggs in here and there.

Warhammer Fantasy is great, GOAT level honestly, and I say that to say Warhammer 40k is MUUUUUCH better like not even close. 40k would be considered the undisputed GOAT IP if they would of teamed up with Blizzard back in the 90s. 40k(and Fantasy) also has far more potential for movies and TV shows than most IPs as well because it is actually very well written and they care about the lore unlike... Well pretty much anyone. Games Workshop would never let anyone b*stardize their lore for a few dollars they actually care about the integrity of what they have built.