What’s next for hip hop, because this podcast shyt played.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Everybody and they mama got a podcast and it’s been corny now for a good minute

The music has become the back burner and the podcast had gained more popularity due to the gossip

But it’s become so Muray Povich- esque, that’s it’s run it’s course and become a horribly written parody now

So what’s next for hip hop?

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
That's actually a good question.

I don't bother with podcasts (mainly due to the fact I'm not about to sit around and listen a bunch of random people just talk about a whole bunch of nothing) but I can understand why people like podcasts so much (or do them) Mainly do to the fact hip hop within itself has gotten extremely chatty patty, we've grown past the point of people actually caring about how great lyrically a rapper is, people with much rather know who these rappers are fukkin now.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
The sissies run hip-hop literally and figuratively

It'd be one thing if it was people just sitting around cracking jokes, but you really have grown ass men 30+

"is so-and-so IG thot with 5k followers smashing Trinidad James?"
"we talkin with a random crip who saw Tupac go into a Roscoe Chicken & Waffles back in '95"

Like bruh.....this shyt is not important in the slightest, let alone entertaining smfh.....grown ass men

sitting on another man couch with they wrist limp, neck rolling like some bytches.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I just want good music. I miss the times where MTV News is when the world found out that something big, whether good or bad, happened in hip hop.

I do not want to hear gossip. I don't give a fukk who snitchin' or what unsigned "rapper" went on a drill against some other no name "rapper" around the corner.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They have to make the pod wave work cause going back to selling music ain’t gonna work for these podcasters. I stopped caring awhile ago honestly. I like listening to hiphop podcasts that tell stories now

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I just want good music. I miss the times where MTV News is when the world found out that something big, whether good or bad, happened in hip hop.
Social media killed that off. Main reason why XXL, The Source and hip-hop DVDs died off.

Why wait month to month for an exclusive story when you can get the information about the situation with 10 to 15 minutes of it happening plus video to go with it.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Everybody and they mama got a podcast and it’s been corny now for a good minute

The music has become the back burner and the podcast had gained more popularity due to the gossip

But it’s become so Muray Povich- esque, that’s it’s run it’s course and become a horribly written parody now

So what’s next for hip hop?

They need to leave that for actual journalist, knowledgeable fans with credentials because rappers oversaturated it

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you don't have to listen to all of em. learn how to gatekeep for the sake of your ear holes.

pause.

the weak ones will fail. the cream will rise.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
You sleeping on Trick Daddy’s cooking show

:russ:

you don't have to listen to all of em. learn how to gatekeep for the sake of your ear holes.

pause.

the weak ones will fail. the cream will rise.

I don’t, and i only listen to some of them from time to time if they have an artist on there I like or they speaking on a topic of interest and depending on how well the podcast is conducted dictates if I even get through all of it at said time lol

They need to leave that for actual journalist, knowledgeable fans with credentials because rappers oversaturated it

Facts

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don't listen to ANY podcasts so I don't have your problem.

What's next for Hip Hop is for people to realize it's not just for consumption, if you're bored with it either drop the shyt or start creating in some capacity and occupy yourself by adding something to it rather than just consuming and complaining.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I don't listen to ANY podcasts so I don't have your problem.

What's next for Hip Hop is for people to realize it's not just for consumption, if you're bored with it either drop the shyt or start creating in some capacity and occupy yourself by adding something to it rather than just consuming and complaining.

it's not a problem at all, more of an obersvation

i'll be honest, im more on the outside than inside of hip hop these days

if it wasn't for the coli, i wouldn't even know what's up in hip hop

it's through y'all's threads that i keep afloat with what's going on when i browse.

im flabby as fukk