What's more expensive? Being Natural or Rocking weaves and perms?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
:leostare: Growing an afro or dreads is completely free.
:smugfavre: Just get a bottle of shea moisture ($3) and a bar or two of organic black soap ($7) and you should be good.
:patrice:But I'm a dude and never really understood the whole natural hair vs weave/perm debate.
:jbhmm: One seems cost efficient, healthy, normal and offer prettier results. While the other damage hair, suffocates the scalp, more expensive and very time consuming.
:manny: But either way it comes down to how she feels and what look she wants to achieve.

Shea Moisture $3? Where do you live?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Depends on quality of weave. I'm natural and I use water, coconut oil, aloe Vera, castor oil, ACV and occasional conditioner/clay wash.
But once you buy those items they last for a very long time.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Shea Moisture $3? Where do you live?
Lol, I haven't used shea moisture in a minute. I confused it with shea butter. But either way shea moisture is like 13 bucks. Still save more cash when compared to having to go to the salon and getting a sew in or something.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Lol, I haven't used shea moisture in a minute. I confused it with shea butter. But either way shea moisture is like 13 bucks. Still save more cash when compared to having to go to the salon and getting a sew in or something.

It depends on the person. I spent the least amount of money and time on my hair when I was relaxed.

Spike Tarantino

Esposa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Filfee Nasteh Duddy Souf
Its expensive if your a product junkie that likes to constantly buy the latest. Its cheap if you stick to what works. Only one of my products are kinda expensive. My deep conditioner is $20 a tube and i only get two uses out of it:mjcry:. I wish i never tried it. My bougie ass hair latched on to it like a golddigger to a rich man. But it makes my hair so soft :ohlawd:

Thought you would drop the name for this magical hair crack
giphy.gif

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Its expensive if your a product junkie that likes to constantly buy the latest. Its cheap if you stick to what works. Only one of my products are kinda expensive. My deep conditioner is $20 a tube and i only get two uses out of it:mjcry:. I wish i never tried it. My bougie ass hair latched on to it like a golddigger to a rich man. But it makes my hair so soft :ohlawd:
:to:

RoyalQ

I'm a woman.
Daps
I tried that high ass Joico recovery in the blue bottle, my hair was so succulent after deep conditioning:ohlawd:

You tried to save me brehette...but now I gotta do something strange for a lil piece of change:lupe:

:mjcry: I know. That joico made me detangle my hair like a dream. I tried to fukk around and buy other silicon based conditioners but my hair wasn't having it.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Um, depends on what you do. I'm natural now but perms weren't too pricey (like $5 in the box, $10-$20 for a doobie every other week) -- I just get a lot of hair products.

I also wear weaves and wear expensive ass hair, too lazy/don't know how to wash it so I discard it after I take it out. I probably should stop. Braids/twists as well.

PinotNoir

All Star
Supporter
Daps
weaves the upkeep is crazy but being natural can get pricey too. But with natural hair there's leeway like I can make my own products and know what works etc

Malaya

Rookie
Daps
natural hair is cheap once you get through the experimental finding what works stage. it just takes SOOOOOOO much time and effort if you like wearing your hair out/down.

never had weave, havent had a perm since 94. i know good quality hair for weave can be reused. perm is cheap unless you go to the shop every 2 weeks
I'm generally will go with this. I haven't worn a weave myself however to compare to. I spent hella money trying to figure out what should go into my hair, but once I did it wasn't bad. I could be saving money if I knew how to twist my own dreads.