What’s all the fuss with backwards compatibility?

Daps
giphy.gif

Some people have their old games and, surprise surprise, want to play them again.
lost all my old shyt
my ps1 :mjlol:
my ps1 games:mjlol:
all gone :mjcry:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
My PS3 still hooked up but its loud af I'mma have to open it up soon and refurbish that shyt my damn self

If PS5 played PS3 games it would be day one but as of now I ain't even checking for it :yeshrug:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not for me. I mostly game on my pc, and I still own, a ps2, ps3, and a 360.

Plus the fact that alot of the classic games are being remastered or remade it honestly isn't a deal breaker for me.

I get some ppl not wanting to repurchase a game they already own but let's be real, if it isn't from last gen, most games did not age well graphically.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
If money is paid for it...best believe I'm reserving the right to play it at any point in the future when the vibe hits me. Gaming companies would be well advised to take that right into consideration, because it's not changing.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Backwards compatibility is important.
As a person that still has every system, my life would be much simpler if I could play everything on one or two consoles instead of across 10 different ones. It limits the desire to revisit some excellent games when you have to move cords around and hook systems back up. I don’t play old gen games every day, but have gone through weeks if not months where that’s really all I played until I got the itch to play something current again. Every now and then I’ll get the itch to play Metal Gear Solid...or chrono trigger...etc etc.
Some people only wanna play that new new...that’s fine I guess. My question is....what are you doing with the old games? My guess is, most people that don’t care about backwards compatibility come from the school of trading in their $60 games for $8.95 at GameStop in order to get the latest game. I’m from the school of just keeping everything since the return is so pathetic I’d rather just keep it instead of selling it for 20% or less than what I paid. I’ve never really been hurting that bad for $10 to eat a $50 loss.