what yall consider the hood?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Alot of people just call any area with a bad reputation the hood, or any less "uglier" side of the city with more minorities a hood. I dont feel that.
To me the hood is a place where shootings and murders occur weekly. Where cats can openly slang dope in the street all day and night cuz thats the norm there. It technically doesn't have to be run down because now a days in 2012 a lot of newer areas have become hood and in places like LA there were always hoods that had nice ass palm trees or were right by the ocean.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Alot of people just call any area with a bad reputation the hood, or any less "uglier" side of the city with more minorities a hood. I dont feel that.
To me the hood is a place where shootings and murders occur weekly. Where cats can openly slang dope in the street all day and night cuz thats the norm there. It technically doesn't have to be run down because now a days in 2012 a lot of newer areas have become hood and in places like LA there were always hoods that had nice ass palm trees or were right by the ocean.

you somewhat get what im sayin my nikka

but is it more of a mindset or some physical shyt nikkas truly cant leave?

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps

Well as far as location, I don't think mother nature says "well a lot of poor people live here. Time to move the ocean away or stop growing palm trees." lol But there are some newer areas that are still considered "hood." You have a point there.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
you somewhat get what im sayin my nikka

but is it more of a mindset or some physical shyt nikkas truly cant leave?

Well to me it's obvious that the actually "hood" is very real and physical. But i guess you can say since its the people with the bad mentality that make it a hood(by my defintion of a hood) then I can see someone saying its a mindset :mindblown:
The thing is, it's hard to explain because a real hood, the ones we're talking about just has so much shyt going on and the roots are so fuccin deep its hard to compare. Like moving down south in some you see alot of "hoods" that are just boring ass places where a nikka may get shot every now and then. But go to hoods in major cities like LA, Oakland, Chicago, Detroit etc. Their hoods are alot worse I think some of that has to do with the history of them.

Its hard to explain.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Well to me it's obvious that the actually "hood" is very real and physical. But i guess you can say since its the people with the bad mentality that make it a hood(by my defintion of a hood) then I can see someone saying its a mindset :mindblown:
The thing is, it's hard to explain because a real hood, the ones we're talking about just has so much shyt going on and the roots are so fuccin deep its hard to compare. Like moving down south in some you see alot of "hoods" that are just boring ass places where a nikka may get shot every now and then. But go to hoods in major cities like LA, Oakland, Chicago, Detroit etc. Their hoods are alot worse I think some of that has to do with the history of them.

Its hard to explain.

true
but to me places like Detroit, Oakland, some parts of MIA
is ALL hood especially my city
you might go to some hoods where nikkas eatin everybody shinin
no crime even
my east warren nikkas gettin money legal and illegal but they doin good
its nikkas thats millionaires in the hood...do you think thats a mindset or something they cant escape?

or like you said in the south it be lil gated communities but hood as fukk

Merkdaddy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
MN
I lived in Gary. That is the hood. Take a stroll down Broadway and tell me it ain't.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
true
but to me places like Detroit, Oakland, some parts of MIA
is ALL hood especially my city
you might go to some hoods where nikkas eatin everybody shinin
no crime even
my east warren nikkas gettin money legal and illegal but they doin good
its nikkas thats millionaires in the hood...do you think thats a mindset or something they cant escape?

or like you said in the south it be lil gated communities but hood as fukk

All I can say is its just a cycle bruh :yeshrug:

The way I see it people from the hood are no different than people from anywhere else during any period of time. Think about it, every neighborhood has bullies, the hustler, the punk, the ho, the tough one etc.. whether its in a hood or not. The only difference is when it comes to places like the hood, these type of characters become killers, drug dealers, or hookers where if they were raised in the burbs they would just be bullies and probably be on the football team or some shyt.

Like if you ever read some old plays from shakespear or something like that, you see the people there were really the same as they are now. They had robbers, whores, killers, etc.
No matter where you live, where you go in life, you will meet people who have the same characteristics, the only difference is one of them was born in a good neighborhood and the other was born in the projects.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
All I can say is its just a cycle bruh :yeshrug:

The way I see it people from the hood are no different than people from anywhere else during any period of time. Think about it, every neighborhood has bullies, the hustler, the punk, the ho, the tough one etc.. whether its in a hood or not. The only difference is when it comes to places like the hood, these type of characters become killers, drug dealers, or hookers where if they were raised in the burbs they would just be bullies and probably be on the football team or some shyt.

Like if you ever read some old plays from shakespear or something like that, you see the people there were really the same as they are now. They had robbers, whores, killers, etc.
No matter where you live, where you go in life, you will meet people who have the same characteristics, the only difference is one of them was born in a good neighborhood and the other was born in the projects.

true but its 2012

aint no real killers and drug dealers no more
trust me bro it aint