What would be a good Cast for a Mortal Kombat Movie?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
os92rkfywwr21.jpg

^^^minus Terry crews as jax

Jason Statham as Kano :mjgrin:
You need people who can fight not shytty actors

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because they proved they all can't handle action scenes, They can learn to fight look at Keanu Reeves
Looked slow as all shyt in John wick 3 and been training since matrix 1 where he looked super awful

Do you want a real martial arts movie or some generic trash

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
You need people who can fight not shytty actors
You right. They might look the part but them action scenes gonna be bad without extra care.

I'm in the minority out here but even in Matrix I never liked Keanu as an action star. Dude boring & bland, get Winter Soldier out here, the Hitman dude, Statham, Punisher Warzone dude.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
They can't all be martial artists Or do you want this to be straight to blu ray? That's Scott Adkins/ MJW's demographic

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Tough to make a movie with so many characters with a dumb premise as a fighting tournament

Unless the characters had origin movies then it culminated with the mortal kombat movie like Avengers

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
You right. They might look the part but them action scenes gonna be bad without extra care.

I'm in the minority out here but even in Matrix I never liked Keanu as an action star. Dude boring & bland, get Winter Soldier out here, the Hitman dude, Statham, Punisher Warzone dude.

They can't all be martial artists Or do you want this to be straight to blu ray? That's Scott Adkins/ MJW's demographic

He'd be playing Kenshi who uses a Sword and telekinesis 75% of the time..... it'd be easy if they get people who actually know MK to be involved...get Ed Boon and some of his crew to help design Costumes with a huge budget from Warner Bros ..get a very experienced Director and producer.

Not every character in the movie has to fight, just a scene of them conversing with someone, Easter eggs, cameos etc I do agree with an origins story like another poster said.

Mortal Kombat - Raiden, Liu Kang, Cage, Blade, Kung Lao, Jax. movie could start out with Raiden being tasked to find worthy Kombatants for an foreseeable crisis coming to Earthrealm, showing all coming together BEFORE The Tournament, how they meet, background story in Earthrealm.
Secret credits scene revealing Shang Tsung at his island.

Mortal Kombat 2(?) - Scorpion and Sub Zero beef, Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor, Quan Chi, Lin Kuei vs Shirai Ryu... starts with Scorpion as a Human, dies halfway in and becomes the Spectre version looking for veangance, Earthrealm and Netherrealm in the film.
Secret Credits scene of Quan Chi lying to Scorpion telling him to get his revenge on Sub Zero in a dramatic fashion ..

Mortal Kombat The Tournament -The MK Tournament is finally here just like the game. this is pretty self Explanatory, all realms Kombatants show up (can throw in characters like Kenshi etc) Earthrealm wins obviously

This can be a 5 Film franchise if they go the Avengers route, theyd have to make 2 Movies in the same year but release them apart to keep it fresh though.

Last edited:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
He'd be playing Kenshi who uses a Sword and telekinesis 75% of the time..... it'd be easy if they get people who actually know MK to be involved...get Ed Boon and some of his crew to help design Costumes with a huge budget from Warner Bros ..get a very experienced Director and producer.

Not every character in the movie has to fight, just a scene of them conversing with someone, Easter eggs, cameos etc I do agree with an origins story like another poster said.

Mortal Kombat - Raiden, Liu Kang, Cage, Blade, Kung Lao, Jax. movie could start out with Raiden being tasked to find worthy Kombatants for an foreseeable crisis coming to Earthrealm, showing all coming together BEFORE The Tournament, how they meet, background story in Earthrealm.
Secret credits scene revealing Shang Tsung at his island.

Mortal Kombat 2(?) - Scorpion and Sub Zero beef, Smoke, Cyrax and Sektor, Quan Chi, Lin Kuei vs Shirai Ryu... starts with Scorpion as a Human, dies halfway in and becomes the Spectre version looking for veangance, Earthrealm and Netherrealm in the film.
Secret Credits scene of Quan Chi lying to Scorpion telling him to get his revenge on Sub Zero in a dramatic fashion ..

Mortal Kombat The Tournament -The MK Tournament is finally here just like the game. this is pretty self Explanatory, all realms Kombatants show up (can throw in characters like Kenshi etc) Earthrealm wins obviously

This can be a 5 Film franchise if they go the Avengers route, theyd have to make 2 Movies in the same year but release them apart to keep it fresh though.
-That first movie I'd most definitely skip. Don't wanna see Raidens adventures, just him bossing up for war. Only wanna see Liu & Kung to see the jealousy & fukkery going on. The special forces always been boring as hell to me & I never liked Cage.

-Scorpion & Sub Zero need their own movie, throw in Quan Chi & Noob, Shinok whispering from the background. Sektor, Cyrax & Smoke don't even need to be in this until late or a Icredit scene, none of them were relevant until MK3 with the Cyber shyt.

The original trilogy was timeline on point, they were all just horrible movies.