What will your next gen console box look like if you had the choice?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Let's keep the fanboy nonsense out of it, but we know how well that works out...

Anyway:
1080 GPU equivalent for the "base" models. Then upgrade as needed. AMD Ryzen based CPU is pretty much a given at this point. I would love to see 6 cores/12 threads.

Embedded eMCC storage...hoping for 256GB, but will settle for 128GB if cost is still an issue in 2020. I would want NVME, but I will even settle for SATA if this is the route that needs to be taken to get it done. It will be tricky to see what Microsoft and Sony will do in terms of management under the hood. I suppose you can "fuse" them together like Apple had been doing for a long time and still see a significant boost in performance...that might be the only clean solution. It's clear that console games are afraid of a little management on their end.

REMOVABLE storage whether it be the route Sony takes with a standard drive or will even consider some proprietary bs microsoft had with the xbox 360. We need to be able to upgrade storage as we please internally. I am not attaching storage externally via a usb drive...I like my entertainment setup to look as clean as possible.

Honestly leave the disc drive as an option for those still living in 2005, but charge them a $100 premium for it. It is not fair that consumers who have moved on to pay for a feature that many do not even use anymore. I still think a disc drive is necessary despite all my trolling to satisfy the needs of GameStop/Walmart/Target.

Elite Controller as standard, it's time to step it up on the controller side of things. These controllers opens up a good avenue for RTS titles to make a return to console gaming in a big way.

If all that is inside the box. I have no issues with a SKU starting at $500 and a $600 (PREMIUM) model that includes the disc drive and a larger hard drive. I expect a 2020 release date.

As far as services go. I really hope PlayStation introduces their own "Game Pass" as well...just incorporate all of the PS+/XBL services into one rolling subscription for $10 a month.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Swappable GPU modules.
256GB SSD.
32GB RAM
4K UHD
FULL backwards compatibility
$599 base price
I forgot about the ram, but LOL @ asking for 32GB.

16GB will be perfectly fine given how these operating systems on these consoles are not a full blown desktop class OS.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I forgot about the ram, but LOL @ asking for 32GB.

16GB will be perfectly fine given how these operating systems on these consoles are not a full blown desktop class OS.

Nah, B. I want it all.

We're looking at a 10 year life cycle for next gen. I need enough RAM to get through that period. Couple that with swappable GPUs that Sony/MS could partner with AMD/Nvidia on and we're good.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nah, B. I want it all.

We're looking at a 10 year life cycle for next gen. I need enough RAM to get through that period. Couple that with swappable GPUs that Sony/MS could partner with AMD/Nvidia on and we're good.
:gucci:

Breh you are asking for a @Ciggavelli Mini-ITX Desktop at that point. That's a $2,000 minimum entry point especially with how expensive RAM has gotten lately. :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$500~600 should be the premiums SKU and not the entry cost. I don't think no console would be flying off the shelf costing that much day 1. Phones costing more than that isn't the same as you can't pay a down payment and walk out the store with a console like the way you do at mobile phone stores.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
$500~600 should be the premiums SKU and not the entry cost. I don't think no console would be flying off the shelf costing that much day 1. Phones costing more than that isn't the same as you can't pay a down payment and walk out the store with a console like the way you do at mobile phone stores.
tumblr_mlkoyadFCT1so5xtno1_400.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

All it would take is for Sony/msft to introduce credit lines/ installment plans like Apple

Ppl love financing stuff in America :mjgrin:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Damn, I wish I knew what the different parts do.

I'll say this:

• Allow me to be ensure that every game can/will be 1440P/60FPS
  • Solid enough CPU where the system doesn't struggle w/ battle royale type games
  • Keyboard & mouse support so strategy & RTS games make a smoother transition to the console
  • The best controller available
  • Transparency from the beginning about newer versions of that console cycle being compatible w/ all other versions of the console.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I would definitely pay $500 or more but for the general public and for the shyt to realy do numbers they got to have a $400 sku

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You'd pay for it but you seen what happened to the PS3 at $600 and the Xbox 1 at $500. You're thinking the average joe is like you. They'll say they want the best stuff but won't cough up the dough.

$450 MAX.

Though if that came with a free month of game pass I can see that being feasible MAYBE.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Dream Scenario

PS5 next gen:

2TB space, free online like PS3.

Launch titles: GTA VI, The Crew 3, TLOU2 remastered, Capcom VS SNK 3.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
CPU: 3.0 GHz 6-core AMD Ryzen
GPU : 10.5 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
Video Memory: 12GB GDDR6
System Memory: 4GB DDR4
Storage Size: 32GB eMMC (Console OS), 4TB HDD
No Disc Drive: (For those that want physicals, games can be sold on 128GB flash drives)
2x HDMI 2.1 ports
HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, eARC support
2 USB Type C 3.1 ports, 2 USB 3.1 Type A ports