What well known/relatively well known rappers, do you think have regular 9-5's now?

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
"This Is Why I'm Hot" came out BEFORE he signed any contract with Capitol... it also went #1 in a lot of countries & generated nearly $30 million... it was one of those freak of nature hits... I used to do business with his manager & he got rich off of Mims as well... Mims has $$$... his crib in ATL is *STUPID*... :whew:

The dude who manages (managed :mjpls: ) LMFAO made $10 Mil in 2 years from just 15% of what they generate...

30 mil? :leon:

how much would you guess a song like blurred lines generated?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last time I checked them Cypress Hill nikkas was Mexican. They hop off stage and jump right on to the back of a pick up truck with "Lawn Care Services" on the side. Don't let the hits fool you, they'll have your shrubbery looking immaculate.

It's one white boy and two fukking Cubans. They thought they was loco, but they ain't Mexican.

:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"This Is Why I'm Hot" came out BEFORE he signed any contract with Capitol... it also went #1 in a lot of countries & generated nearly $30 million... it was one of those freak of nature hits... I used to do business with his manager & he got rich off of Mims as well... Mims has $$$... his crib in ATL is *STUPID*... :whew:

The dude who manages (managed :mjpls: ) LMFAO made $10 Mil in 2 years from just 15% of what they generate...

Same thing happened with Vanilla Ice. He's still rich off of "Ice Ice Baby."

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last time I checked them Cypress Hill nikkas was Mexican. They hop off stage and jump right on to the back of a pick up truck with "Lawn Care Services" on the side. Don't let the hits fool you, they'll have your shrubbery looking immaculate.

fred-sanford-heart-attack-o.gif

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
how's mims rich?

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt cypress hill doin too bad, bet they can tour the world n live off the show money for the rest of their lives...

There gotta be mad nikkaz from the ringtone era workin at mickey ds right now...

Rap is such a short career I can sincerely imagen only eminem dr dre jay z lil wayne n kanye the only nikkaz makin a decent livin off music alone...

The rest of them gotta have other hustles besides music to afford a lavish style after the advance checks stop comin in

Daps
Seems most people on this site aren't actually in any music circles:
Hit Songs keep generating 5 Figures a year (this is what ASCAP/BMI are for)
If it actually crossed over to Pop Radio, it may bring in 6 figures a year (for the rest of that persons life!)
Damn shame that Skeelo who made this Hip Hop classic is now having a 9-5.
Besides the above, having a platinum plaque, professionally shot music video etc are the equivalent of 10 college degrees/certs...
Aspiring Artists (on the local market) will put money into your pocket, to see if you can do for them, what you did for yourself.