What Was Your Worst Gaming-Related Purchasing Decision?

CW99

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was having fun with Arma 3 and stumbled across Squad. shyt has had me in a chokehold ever since. I may not touch Arma until 4 comes out, someday.
is squad better? I heard it wasnt as refined but was thinking about picking it up

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Recently? The Lamplighter's League.

Game isn't even bad but it's a whole 7 and was not worth $50. :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this “new” racing rig…it was fun to build/use one during the pandemic especially with me taking quarantining as seriously as I did…but there’s been absolutely no interest in me using this one that I started to setup

in general, a shyt ton of mediocre third party games that I bought before game pass and PS+

buying multiple consoles to game in other parts of the house even tho I primarily game in the living room

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Bought Diablo 4 and played it for like four hours total that first week. Haven't touched it since lmao. I'll go back eventually but man. I played D2 religiously as a kid/teen. Spent a lot of time in D3, which wasn't great but was fun for awhile. I love Path Of Exile, play it on/off when I have time. But D4 just turned me off from the get go. The responsiveness, the controls, the design, the lack of logical stats (resistances didn't do shyt for instance). I'll whip it out when I have some time over the holidays I guess...

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yooka laylee.
I thought i was going to play a modern day banjo kazooie. Either banjo was not as good as i remembered or yooka laylee was just a trash game.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
KH3 IMO only got the amusement park rides in combat and the world choices wrong (Tangled, Frozen, Pirates weren't good), IMO, everything else was fine.

It just took too long to come out, it was impossible to satisfy the hype
Combat and the world choices were the least of the issues with that game. Instead of them answering questions, all they did was added more and that's not even factoring in the Yozora shyt. Now the story is heavily tied to 3 mobile games, two that don't even exist anymore and the third that's in limbo and we haven't even heard anything about in a long while and SE mobile game issues now means it might not come out.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who played that game didn't know who the nameless star was and her connection to Ven nor did they know who the Foretellers were and how they connect to Luxu or watched the video with 2.8 to find out. I’m willing to bet they don’t even know Ven‘s backstory and how he was technically alive during UX.

I'm also willing to bet that you don't even know the answer to those questions.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Combat and the world choices were the least of the issues with that game. Instead of them answering questions, all they did was added more and that's not even factoring in the Yozora shyt. Now the story is heavily tied to 3 mobile games, two that don't even exist anymore and the third that's in limbo and we haven't even heard anything about in a long while and SE mobile game issues now means it might not come out.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who played that game didn't know who the nameless star was and her connection to Ven nor did they know who the Foretellers were and how they connect to Luxu or watched the video with 2.8 to find out. I’m willing to bet they don’t even know Ven‘s backstory and how he was technically alive during UX.

I sure don't :mjgrin:

It was fun tho :mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

shyt was just dumb and nonsensical, we waited half our teen/adult lives to get answer and they said fukk it, and didn’t even try getting to the plot until the last 3 hours of the game.

And they took all the final fantasy characters and references out of it

Superstar
Daps
is squad better? I heard it wasnt as refined but was thinking about picking it up

It’s the most refined multiplayer shooter I’ve ever seen. Arma is a continuation of operation flashpoint. The multiplayer is cool but it takes a lot of coordination and mods to play through scenarios.

Squad has a lot of the same systems, and a lot of its depth but it’s more of a choose your role, join a squad within the company, drop in. It’s like someone said “what if we mix battlefield 2 with Arma 2, and make it modern”.

The mutually dependent relationship between fire teams and squad leaders, the commander, aviation, drivers, fire support, pilots sets it apart.

Flexington

All Star
Daps

And to add insult to injury, they have the after credits scene :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I paid for Disco Elysium.
That L still burns.

2nd place is in buying not one, but TWO copies of Anthem on release day thinking it was about to be lit. (Honestly, the game eventually didn’t suck. It was solid enough and what it did well was quite fun in short bursts…but in retrospect..that was another major L considering the disgusting lack of support, piss poor launch, etc).

TL15

Veteran
Daps
If you know you know :wow:

QeiOue.gif