What was your starting salary after college

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I made it out in 09 and I started off at 70s. high 70s. I thank God to this day for that fabulous year brehs :wow:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you can just look at a salary to measure success.. I think you also have to look at the upward mobility of the company as well as the location. Because 40 Grand in the south can get you a house and you still won't live paycheck to paycheck. :manny:

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
40000 teaching. I thought I was doing good...i quickly realized you cant really live off of that if your out there by yourself (you could make it work in a 2 person household, but still would be hurtin)

....completely jumped shipped, and changed careers, and now bringing in 60,000+

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
28.5 in 2008
was about 30 after overtime/bonuses. even with the low cost of living here in memphis i dunno wtf i was doing living on my own without a roommate

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've a business information systems degree with honors. it's recession proof. put my 1st wife through law school and given my seeds the best education. and I'm a hip hop historian 2 lol

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe:.Tell me things got better.
Gonna graduate with a masters in Electrical engineering nex yr and i aint trying to starve. :taribo:

This was in 2003. Things got much better breh. Congrats on your masters. You're gonna :eat: well.

Edit: Your name reminded me of a convo I had with my girl yesterday. We were driving and she said, "You're gonna miss the light." and I said "nah, I'm not." and turned on my blinker to make a right turn. She said, "Are you going to the gas station?" I said "I are like v". She was :wtf:... I had to explain Ohm's law to her. She didn't think my play on words was funny.

Daps
$11/hr. Engineering degree. I was :sadbron:

Company I interned for throughout college tried to pull that bs on me (a lil more, but still under $20/hour).

I was like :rudy: fukk y'all. I worked there for the summer, then said "deuces, I'm going to grad school" abruptly in the September. Since I graduated right after the stock market crash, weathering the storm in grad school (for free of course, as an engineering major) worked out great for me. :whew:

definition

im not a cool guy anymore
Daps
I majored in journalism ... thought i was going to write for music magazines for a living :heh: Oops.

Ended up working at a newspaper and writing freelance. Made like 20k to start. Pathetic. Took on extra responsibilities, basically trying to get a 30k copy editor job. I live in a low cost of living area (midwest), but that's still struggle wages.

That was short-lived ... took a different path, got my MBA, and the wife and I have managed to make like 8 times my original struggle (no IT) between us. She makes a decent portion of that, though.

And I still don't feel like I have money. Lifestyle adjustments are a bytch.