What was the Nas v MC Shan beef about?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
what else? Jealousy and being homotional. Shan is mad because he is irrelevant :to:

If it wasn't for Nas shouting him out constantly to rep QB I don't think a lot of kids would even remember dude lol. I mean dudes like KRS and Ra etc still have some kind of notoriety today cuz they kept making music into the 90's and beyond.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont recall them having any beef...

I DO however recall Cormega saying that when they did the Bridge 2001 joint for QB's Finest, Nas actually wanted to take Shan off the record.:wtb:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I dont recall them having any beef...

I DO however recall Cormega saying that when they did the Bridge 2001 joint for QB's Finest, Nas actually wanted to take Shan off the record.:wtb:

Yeah I remember that Mega said if Shan ain't on he wont be on it cause that wouldn't make any sense then tragedy said if mega ain't on it he wont be on it ect. ect. ect. so Nas kept Shan on the record

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I remember that Mega said if Shan ain't on he wont be on it cause that wouldn't make any sense then tragedy said if mega ain't on it he wont be on it ect. ect. ect. so Nas kept Shan on the record

Shan's part was worthless. Added nothing to the song. Cormega' had the wackest flow on the song.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, what do you think?

nas IS queensbridge to most people outside of the tri-state area. its jealousy.

Yung Fresh

street money/str8 cash
Daps
Reppin
NC
It's hard to blame shan though. He used to have Nas spot, but after juice crew fell apart he faded into irrelevancy. Plus he never got paid like that :sadcam:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know where the fukk yall gettin this shyt. nas always big ups shan, that was his favorite mc growing up. even on the latest joint he givin shan props. i remeber he even brought him out to a few shows he did. and shan has always gave nas his props. they never had beef, maybe you're thinkin of nas and tragedy

as far as "da bridge 2001", nas reached out to shan to be on the track. marley marl aint want shan on the track at the time but it was nas project.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Shan's part was worthless. Added nothing to the song. Cormega' had the wackest flow on the song.

lol@ having a bridge 2001 record without Shan....It ain't just about the skill on GP that shyt wouldn't have been correct at all
its more to a song than how it sounds on a record which is why that record wasn't gonna happen without Shan

Mega got the best verse on the song after Nas and Trag and the only verse to really take it back to mc shans 3rd verse on the og bridge....
Megas verse on 2001 meshed nicely and made the song ill on a level most cats ain't even on "the beautiful children and unleashed dreams coming through each building"

Mega's 89 off beat flow is WAY more complex than Nas/Ra 'flow like the nile' style but I wont even get into that