What was the first video game you ever played?

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Mouse trap or Donkey Kong
Atari

I had a hard time getting a turn on the NES

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Sounds about right. In 85' I remember going to a mall and seeing super Mario bros for the first time. A week later I meet a new friend, go to his house, he had a NES which I never even heard of with SMB.

To put it into context it was like going to somebodies house and they had a PS5 in 2016. I only knew of Atari :wow:

Yeah, similar experience to me, cept I didn't even own the Atari and had literally no knowlege of gaming before playing Pitfall that day over someone else's house and thought it was cool. Shortly afterwards, I moved and met some friends, to which one had an NES and then my cousin got one as well and playing over their houses anytime I visited, I bugged mom to getting me one for like Christmas or something.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Space Harrier @ age 3 on the Master System.

Didn't know what I was doing, all I remember is ol boy screaming "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" when he gets hit and the announcer yells "GET READY!!!" as you pop up get back in the maddness.

That game had some demonic ass enemies /bosses. Messed my head up as a kid :mindblown:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
super mario nes. i still remember going over my cuz house and seeing this like :wtf: is this. I was floored i never heard of a video game before that. But i jus knew when i saw it. I fell in love. It took me a few tries to beat the 1st level. but when i had that :ohhh:moment. i was off to the races. my mom most of picked up on my passion, because i got a Atari 2600 soon after. i got my NES maybe a year later.

Last edited:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I think Mario Brothers or Moon Patrol on the Atari 2600
If not SMB/Duck hunt on the NES

Age 3ish around 1990

the artist known az

Hail the victors