What was the energy like when Sonic Adventure dropped

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I remember we were talking about it in school, we were blown away by the CGI intro and the overall graphics of the game. To be honest, were all blown away with the Dreamcast console most of us had an exodus from PS1/PSX and some jumped from Sega Saturn to Dreamcast.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember playing it in Toys r us and was in awe over the game. I envied any nikka that had a dreamcast at that point I didn't cop a dreamcast until after the PS2 came out and by that time Sega was third party.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I got a Dreamcast, Sonic Adventure, and Marvel vs Capcon for my 7th birthday in 1999...and all that shyt changed my life. The hype was real friend.

Indeed Sega was on the ball, learning the mistakes they did from Sega Saturn, they didn't waste time releasing the jap titles and sonic in 1999 for their western consumers as SS in the west missed out on good jap titles and an actual Sonic game(Not Sonic Jam and 3D)

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I was in the 5th grade

It was within the Dreamcast hype. Sonic even back then was :flabbynsick: status. nikkaz was crazy about Pokémon and WWF

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I remember playing it in Toys r us and was in awe over the game. I envied any nikka that had a dreamcast at that point I didn't cop a dreamcast until after the PS2 came out and by that time Sega was third party.

I only got my PS2 in christmas of 2003, I remember my pals used to take shyts on me for playing Dreamcast.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only got my PS2 in christmas of 2003, I remember my pals used to take shyts on me for playing Dreamcast.

Dreamcast was the goat console my homie at the time ended up giving me his for 50 bucks at and I still have that bytch today and it works perfectly. That was the first gen where I had everything. PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, and Dreamcast the gen was definitely the one of the top 3 gaming gens of all time. So much piff was released amongst all four consoles.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Dreamcast was the goat console my homie at the time ended up giving me his for 50 bucks at and I still have that bytch today and it works perfectly. That was the first gen where I had everything. PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, and Dreamcast the gen was definitely the one of the top 3 gaming gens of all time. So much piff was released amongst all four consoles.

Damn my juvenile ass, broke my Japanese Dreamcast that I got from 2000 after I got my PS2, and my PAL Dreamcast lasted me till 2009 or 2010 which I got in early 2003. My PS2 is working well to this day, though it's got dents and scratches. It's amazing that the short time Dreamcast was alive it managed to release so many memorable games that are still well regarded and talked about.