What was the "coziest" feeling game you've played during the pandemic?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
When you were stuck inside during lockdown, what’s the coziest feeling game you’ve played? :coffee:

for me it’s been FF7 remake and Guardians of the Galaxy. Both of those games just gave me an indescribable “cozy” feeling while playing :picard:

though I will say the GOAT-tier game for the pandemic era would probably be Death Stranding (even though I played that before the pandemic):banderas: the game just captures lockdown feels perfectly :wow:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was TLOU2. It was at the height of the pandemic when streets were empty and there was quite a lot of fear. The games immersiveness, lots of things to do and story meant I could just cosy up at night with some beer, pizza and play all evening and that pandemic feeling also resonated a lot. The game was released at the perfect time imo.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I finally got round to buying a PS4 in Dec. 2019 on a whim. Copped RDR2 maybe a month later and started it right as the pandemic hit.

I spent maybe two months exploring and doing the legendary fish questline.:wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GOT I never really got time off like that but it was something about everything being locked down and the streets quite that let me just sit and get cozy with the game

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It was TLOU2. It was at the height of the pandemic when streets were empty and there was quite a lot of fear. The games immersiveness, lots of things to do and story meant I could just cosy up at night with some beer, pizza and play all evening and that pandemic feeling also resonated a lot. The game was released at the perfect time imo.

Ironically to your post or at least coincidentally enough, TLOU's environment and overall story/atmosphere and its timely release is exactly why I didn't play thru it much at all during the pandemic. I only did like the first hour in. I got plans to run through it eventually. Probably at the start of next year just before all the big games drop in February.

As for my cozy game during pandemic...hmm....probably shyts like FFVIIR, Trails of Mana and Tales of Arise. Pandemic and work from home life really got my RPG kick back into gear and those games made me feel cozy in the sense that they were the ultimate escapes from such turbulent IRL times.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Dofus

I was looking for a different MMO beyond the usual suspects and stumbled upon this game. I spent like weeks playing and working with clans. It felt like Chess but more relaxing and forgiven despite how hard the game can be. Low key Dofus kept my sanity in check during the pandemic.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Vanguard shipment shooting somebody face off wit a smh as we turn the same corner

that’s what I call cozy gentlemen :ahh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think I got most of that time in Destiny 2, Troubleshooter, Monster Hunter, and Hades. Always seem to have those in rotation even when other bigger titles drop.