What was the better NFL game, 2K5 or Madden '05

Better football game?

• Total voters

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
2k5.

2005 introduced that hitstick and it terrorized that fukkin game

that was the first game i ever really tried to play online. mfs was rocket catching all day and if you werent doin that there was some shyt where a mf would pick those vikings, put moss on a streak/fade, hike the ball, sprint to moss's side and with that throw power he's somehow throw it 10 feet past moss who would speed up, catch it, and run it in for a TD

combine that with that fast ass michael bennett hb, that offense was treacherous

i didnt play 2k5 online so im kinda skewed in that regard, but if i recall correctly that game did not have spy coverages so vick was eating eating. That game had some real love in it from berman announcing, from the VIP system (it was a mindfukk going against your own VIP and him cookin you the same way you cooked the cpu), a right analog system that helped you chain stutters into jukes, spins and other shyt (i dont think i learned about this til a year later), first person mode, importable rosters, list goes on frfr

i know carmen electra aint play this damn game that VIP was reading coverages a lil too well :damn:

all in all, i think 2k5 was the type of football game madden always tries to sell you, talking about espn presentation, a free way of running, not being locked into hella animations, gang tackle animations, etc etc.

Rancor

Pro
Daps
I had both but I'll give it to 2k5. I always wonder why 2K didn't just make NCAA football games when Madden got the exclusive rights to the NFL license unless Madden got exclusive rights to college football games as well?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I was never a fan of 2ks player designs. Like they all looked like super heroes, but ea had better designs. More realistic. 2ks gameplay was pretty unique at the the time. Running and passing was a lot more fun on 2k. And challenging with them sliders.

Woulda loved to see where that brand would be today.

#maddenboycott #endexclusivity

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
They were both really good. 2K5 had better gameplay but Madden Franchise was really fun with team customization and signing coordinators and such. 2K wasn't far behind though. I still think it was the only game with a true Salary Cap and allowing your guys to get surgery for injuries during the season to get back on the field quicker.

Last edited: