What talent were u gifted with.....

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Thats the opposite of talent.
Nope. A couple of art mags was arguing what talent is and saying talent is disrespectful to say how someone acquired skill. No one starts off talented. They work hard through tenacity and effort to develop skill...the thing is...you don't see the hardwork..just the Talent.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Nope. A couple of art mags was arguing what talent is and saying talent is disrespectful to say how someone acquired skill. No one starts off talented. They work hard through tenacity and effort to develop skill...the thing is...you don't see the hardwork..just the Talent.
I DEFINE TALENT AS HAVING AN ABNORMAL RATE OF LEARNING IN A SPECIFIC AREA. I DO AGREE THAT HARD WORK CAN SOMETIMES MASK A LESSER TALENT.

PEOPLE WITH TALENT DON'T NEED TO WORK AS HARD AT THE SKILL.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
I DEFINE TALENT AS HAVING AN ABNORMAL RATE OF LEARNING IN A SPECIFIC AREA. I DO AGREE THAT HARD WORK CAN SOMETIMES MASK A LESSER TALENT.

PEOPLE WITH TALENT DON'T NEED TO WORK AS HARD AT THE SKILL.
How can tell me what I need to do as a measurement of working harder or not work as hard?

That's purely subjective.

100 reps may seem alot to you..but it may be a light work session for me.

Talent=Hardwork

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
i've always been able to draw, like, raw ability, but never honed my skills to where I could actually say I was any good. everyone would sees me draw would be like "omg that's amazing" but that's more so because it's something they can't do it at all.

i think someone else in this thread mentioned they can copy well but can't create on their own, i'm the same. i can look at something and mimic it fairly well, but I can't draw out of my own head to save my life.

Last edited:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
i've always been able to draw, like, raw ability, but never honed my skills to where I could actually say I was any good. everyone would sees me draw would be like "omg that's amazing" but that's more so because it's something they can't do it at all.

i think someone else in this thread mentioned they can copy well but can't create on their own, i'm the same. i can look at something and mimic it fairly well, but I can't draw out of my own head to save my life.
Yes you can. You gotta separate realism from abstract. And then work your way to a middle ground...that's the real art...drawing/copy from life is cheating actually. 0 creativity. The real life source is the art, you then copied.

But drawing from your head in an attempt.to create realism and add abstraction to it will net you favorable aesthetically pleasing art.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
The shyt I can do with a gas station pocket knife.... :wow:
On a serious note: I'm pretty good at catching contradictions from convos in real time. I don't even try to sift for them either. I just notice it immediately like *snap!* 😲

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Physics and Math come pretty easy to me. In college I finished with the highest grade a few times. I'm good at learning and getting things done, getting comfortable in the uncomfortable.

I wouldn't say I'm some super genius though, because most super geniuses are basically 14-year-old kids finishing these courses at Caltech and M.I.T. Think of the standard deviation curve. Most of the ultra-smart geniuses who belong in that 1% aren't your normal college-aged people you're in class with.

I've realized that even the smarter people who were in my classes weren't impressing any professors because they've seen kids half that person's age do the same thing :mjlol: :heh:

Anyways, in general:

normal-distrubution-large.svg

Few people are in that 0.5% to 0.1% to the right.

Most people who consider themselves smart or gifted at something are usually in that 15.0% to 9.2% because if they were really in that top percentage at something they probably wouldn't be in a thread like this. That's what I've come to learn and some free game to some people who deal with imposter syndrome.

Last edited:

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
I always struggle to answer this question. It was much easier when I was younger.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Language. I think i am good at boiling down concepts and thoughts to their core.
And physically i was always a very talented grappler. Took to judo and wrestling very well. Kind of regret never pursuing bjj.