What stocks yall buying during this crash? Let's get this money

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Just got this email today

Meet thinkorswim® Web: a new platform in the thinkorswim product suite | View online

Meet thinkorswim Web: the latest addition to the thinkorswim product suite. Accessible directly from your browser, our web-based platform now makes it easier than ever to strike when opportunity arises.

With thinkorswim Web, get the key capabilities of thinkorswim Desktop, in a streamlined web experience

s8U0313yobX1nQm0hJ5IkAHy4PZqLmG_0H7FlgYOsJY82tnGdPnQFqmvcQxNTaPoqMSotXpMmg-zpAz3v6Ac4KrhsFvv42cxVqhStQHBKYgkxGFITA0=s0-d-e1-ft
Easy access: Log in to your trading platform from anywhere, on any connected device—no download necessary

s8U0313yobX1nQm0hJ5IkAHy4PZqLmG_0H7FlgYOsJY82tnGdPnQFqmvcQxNTaPoqMSotXpMmg-zpAz3v6Ac4KrhsFvv42cxVqhStQHBKYgkxGFITA0=s0-d-e1-ft
Optimized interface: Trade even faster with tabless navigation—always having your most important tools front and center

Essential strategies: Set up any trade, from simple stocks to multi-leg options strategies, with just one click

Platforms at a glance

So what's the same and what's different across our trading platforms?

R03wj3Zhe7g0iWymjsTBJ84YRGl6iRL6vZDe-x6EWwVkh_JJ-FisizfqchzUDyTilpLuQLW4WGsp5TJ-0fQMCL8VGUDFbUaK9G0mvafp15_7ExOv3fN0kfHyEAFC=s0-d-e1-ft

Ready to give it a try?
Get started on thinkorswim Web today.

I was using investing.com to see charts on a web browser.

Looks similar to Power e-trade

Mr.FOH

Pro
Daps
Amazing thread by op! Let’s keep this info rolling
Just picked up four stocks off Info I got on this thread!
ColiSolidarity

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm new to this. Could you explain what this means

- 1 call option contract entitles the holder to purchase 100 stocks at a certain price (called the strike price) on a certain date (expiration date)

- example from the photo you quoted: he bought 1 Tesla call option contract with a strike price of $850 and expiration date June 5th. Practically this entitles the holder to buy 100 Tesla stocks at $850 on (or before) June 5th

- logically, this contract is more valuable the higher the stock price is. you buy a call option if you expect the price of a stock to go up (a "put" if you expect it to go down). wouldn't you love to be able to buy Tesla stock from someone at a strike price of $850 even though it's selling for $900 in the market? people would pay a "premium" for this privilege.

- on the contrary, would you pay a premium for a contract that entitles you to buy Tesla stock for $850 if the price in the market was $800? of course not! you'd just buy it from the market directly for cheaper.

- the guy you quoted bought the contract when the stock price was $810. The stock price is now $890, so people are willing to pay more for the privilege to buy the stock at $850 now than they did were when the stock price is lower, since clearly you'd make a profit now that the stock is $890 whereas it was less certain when it was $810. you don't have to "exercise the option", as in actually buy the stocks at the strike price, to make money. you just sell the contract to someone else

- there is a lot more to the value of an option, see "implied volatility" and "time value of an option" (an options value drops over time as it approaches the expiration date, all other things remaining equal). options trading can be risky for newbies (like myself) so be careful

broller

Veteran
Daps
- 1 call option contract entitles the holder to purchase 100 stocks at a certain price (called the strike price) on a certain date (expiration date)

- example from the photo you quoted: he bought 1 Tesla call option contract with a strike price of $850 and expiration date June 5th. Practically this entitles the holder to buy 100 Tesla stocks at $850 on (or before) June 5th

- logically, this contract is more valuable the higher the stock price is. you buy a call option if you expect the price of a stock to go up (a "put" if you expect it to go down). wouldn't you love to be able to buy Tesla stock from someone at a strike price of $850 even though it's selling for $900 in the market? people would pay a "premium" for this privilege.

- on the contrary, would you pay a premium for a contract that entitles you to buy Tesla stock for $850 if the price in the market was $800? of course not! you'd just buy it from the market directly for cheaper.

- the guy you quoted bought the contract when the stock price was $810. The stock price is now $890, so people are willing to pay more for the privilege to buy the stock at $850 now than they did were when the stock price is lower, since clearly you'd make a profit now that the stock is $890 whereas it was less certain when it was $810. you don't have to "exercise the option", as in actually buy the stocks at the strike price, to make money. you just sell the contract to someone else

- there is a lot more to the value of an option, see "implied volatility" and "time value of an option" (an options value drops over time as it approaches the expiration date, all other things remaining equal). options trading can be risky for newbies (like myself) so be careful

Respect

Why does it say the average cost is $8.50 and why is the current price $35.53?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quick come up with Tesla. Bought a $850 call expiring 6/5 last Friday when the price was around $810-$820. Came up very nicely today.

Man I have no idea how to even do calls or how to make money off that shyt. I am going to have to maybe make calls with some cheap stocks and play around.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MAIN, O, LTC, STAG, GAIN, and the last one I bought was SPHD. The first ones listed give monthly dividends. The dividend yield around 4% for most of them.

I had most of them before the Corona outbreak, but sold them. I recently bought them back, some at half the price giving me more shares than the first time.

I'm starting to get some Vanguard stock too. So far I have MGK, VIG, VTI.

If you need to find some more ETF's just go to ETF.com to get more information on them, and I think they also show the top 10 stocks they are holding.

Good list. I also wanted to add XOP, XLE, XAR, VOO, VDE, VCLT, SPY and LGLV.

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Respect

Why does it say the average cost is $8.50 and why is the current price $35.53?

average cost means the average price he paid for the right to buy 1 share at that strike price. in reality 1 contract is the right to buy 100 shares, so he spent $8.50 x 100 = $850 to buy the contract when the stock price was lower, and now the right to buy 1 share is worth $35.53 but again its bundled in groups of 100 shares you're controlling with 1 contract, so it's really $35.53 x 100 = $3553

profit = $3553 [contract's present value] - $850 [what he paid for it] = $2703

this is a good inro to options

Man I have no idea how to even do calls or how to make money off that shyt. I am going to have to maybe make calls with some cheap stocks and play around.

be careful, especially with volatile stocks it can be easy to get burned bad. it's also not advised to buy options people aren't really trading (low "open interest", google it)