What should a Black superhero property aim to teach?

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
The traditional superhero thing with the wrestling costume is already complete. No need for any new ones.

I'm thinking more: Matrix, the later Fast and Furious, John Wick, or even Winter Soldier or Dark Knight. Mostly realistic with heavy plot armor and some fantastic elements.

As for Black Superman, I wouldn't have any character strong enough to be untouchable. Even the strongest one will be able to be killed by 100 of the mid tier ones.

Batman a rich black man

Gotham City is the Hood

I like this.

M

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When i read Coogler's interviews in 2018, in which he said T'Challa was the enemy (to Black-Americans) and that Black-Americans wouldn't connect with T'Challa if he didn't make the plot what it was (with Killmonger American and related to BP as a simpathetic villain to humble BP)... i knew instantly he missed the entire point of superheroes.

This is what "Black Panther" is:

cf3H5nh.jpeg

Replace him in that moment or context with Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Pele, President Obama, Bob Marley, etc at their peak career having that type of moment with a young black boy in need of hope... that's what the character is. That's the aim. Superheroes are to inspire kids (or the inner kid in all of us).

That's why a lot of our commentary back then was we enjoyed the movie and its significance but we were hopeful that the sequels would course correct certain things with T'Challa himself.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
How White AMERIKKKA and the world would respond to a superpowered HETEROSEXUAL Black Male being the most powerful person on the planet.

Interesting. Would be totally about racism but sounds fun.

Breh could be like Hooded Justice from Watchmen TV series. Tryna pass under his costume. Saving people an shyt. The the mask comes off one day and they see who he really is.

And they freak the fukc out and send everything they have at him to try to kill him.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
When i read Coogler's interviews in 2018, in which he said T'Challa was the enemy (to Black-Americans) and that Black-Americans wouldn't connect with T'Challa if he didn't make the plot what it was (with Killmonger American and related to BP as a simpathetic villain to humble BP)... i knew instantly he missed the entire point of superheroes.

This is what "Black Panther" is:

cf3H5nh.jpeg

Replace him in that moment or context with Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Pele, President Obama, Bob Marley, etc at their peak career having that type of moment with a young black boy in need of hope... that's what the character is. That's the aim. Superheroes are to inspire kids (or the inner kid in all of us).

That's why a lot of our commentary back then was we enjoyed the movie and its significance but we were hopeful that the sequels would course correct certain things with T'Challa himself.
This is all you need. A man of the people not above but equal

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Interesting. Would be totally about racism but sounds fun.

Breh could be like Hooded Justice from Watchmen TV series. Tryna pass under his costume. Saving people an shyt. The the mask comes off one day and they see who he really is.

And they freak the fukc out and send everything they have at him to try to kill him.

There's no way a powerful black heterosexual male who is the most powerful person on the planet wouldn't be scrutinized.

I would have a Black Superman type character as in he's the undisputedly the most powerful.

Another theme would be "WHAT should a Black Man with that type of power DO WITH IT"

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no way a powerful black heterosexual male who is the most powerful person on the planet wouldn't be scrutinized.

I would have a Black Superman type character as in he's the undisputedly the most powerful.

Another theme would be "WHAT should a Black Man with that type of power DO WITH IT"

The story would need to be totally owned and distributed by black people for it to get green lit and even have a chance without it being some passive c00n lets all hold hands story. I liked Black panther cause it shows people thriving on their own. So a new superhero trying to establish or rebuild a nation like magneto on some genosha tip away from the colonizers and the threat is weeding out the turn coats who try to infiltrate and topple the goal

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Proper humanism in general.

The character’s race and background is there to illustrate those characteristics thru a lense.

If you can’t think of any proper morals to promote without using race as the motivation, then you’ve stepped into the realm more of propaganda and not art with higher intentions.

Especially because we’re talking about fantasy…

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
A black superhero movie shouldn’t be a teaching tool
A black superhero should just be allowed to be just that
Not every “black” film needs to tell a story to the masses
Black people are regular people
White characters are allowed to just be
That’s all anybody that is black wants
To just be seen as a human with issues and problems like everyone else