What replaced Torrents?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
@bnew
Just copped it bro :blessed:

Let the games begin :sas2:

:obama:

do a speedtest with and without the vpn to see which server is best near you.. Internet Speed Test

don't know what client you'll use but if i'll let you know right now you won't download or upload properly with socks5 enabled on qbittorrent.
maybe try picotorrent or deluge if you choose to use your socks5 credentials.

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:obama:

do a speedtest with and without the vpn to see which server is best near you.. Internet Speed Test

don't know what client you'll use but if i'll let you know right now you won't download or upload properly with socks5 enabled on qbittorrent.
maybe try picotorrent or deluge if you choose to use your socks5 credentials.

Thanks dude will check it now

I’m using this thing called Transmission. You familiar with that??

And pardon my ignorance breh but what is this socks5? I’m only just getting back into this you gonna have to go easy on me :lolbron:

I’m using Transmission via PB

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Thanks dude will check it now

I’m using this thing called Transmission. You familiar with that??

And pardon my ignorance breh but what is this socks5? I’m only just getting back into this you gonna have to go easy on me :lolbron:

I’m using Transmission via PB

i've used transmission before, mostly via web interface. its fairly reliable but I regard it as the Fisher-Price of torrent clients, far too simple for my needs.

I'm referring to socks5 proxy. basically it's a proxy tunnel to a server so all your traffic can go through another server from a specific application. So in comparison to using a vpn which will make all traffic on your PC go through a server, a socks5 proxy configured in a supported application will only tunnel traffic from one specific application. So when i browse the web without a vpn but have my torrent client running, it's working as expected but with socks5 proxy configured so all my torrent traffic is going through the vpn providers server.

ppVW01h.jpg

Last edited:

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've used transmission before, mostly via web interface. its fairly reliable but I regard it as the Fisher-Price of torrent clients, far too simple for my needs.

I referring to socks5 proxy. pasically it's a proxy tunnel to a server so all your traffic can go through another server from a specific application. So in comparison to using a vpn which will make all traffic on your PC go through a server, a socks5 proxy configured in a supported application will only tunnel traffic from one specific application. So when i browse the web without a von but have my torrent client running, it's working as expected but with socks5 proxy configured so all my torrent traffic is going through the vpn providers server.

ppVW01h.jpg

okay I think I got you. I’m good with my simple transmission shyt for now :russ:

my only question is I just purchased a vpn called Private Internet Access. If I’m download torrents and this vpn thing is running in the background I’m safe right?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
okay I think I got you. I’m good with my simple transmission shyt for now :russ:

my only question is I just purchased a vpn called Private Internet Access. If I’m download torrents and this vpn thing is running in the background I’m safe right?

i use openvpn client. i downloaded the openvpn files from PIA and copy/pasted the files to the openvpn folder. eneterd my credentials when prompted and it worked.

to confirm your vpn connected is working.

go to IP Chicken - What is my IP address? Free public IP lookup.

then connect to your vpn and go to IP Chicken - What is my IP address? Free public IP lookup. , the ip address should be different.

OR

you can check if your torrent client is leaking your real ip address

Check My Torrent IP | Proxy & VPN Verification | TorGuard

IP/DNS Detect
select "Torrent Address detection" option