What More could Blacks today do to Improve their positions in this society?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Come out of Christianity, convert to Islam and align to a power base of 1.8 billion. Bet you blacks will stop being murdered by police when retaliation for injustice is your religious duty.
Then we can start killing each other over sectarian bullshyt like they've been doing in the ME since the founding of Islam

No thanks

Only religions for black folks should be community, family and finance

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Then we can start killing each other over sectarian bullshyt like they've been doing in the ME since the founding of Islam

No thanks

Only religions for black folks should be community, family and finance
What sectarian divides would even exist here in America? 1 Quran 1 deen 1 enemy. You can talk that hopeful thinking stuff all you want, the reality is until we have 1 common banner we just on the hamster wheel.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
What sectarian divides would even exist here in America? 1 Quran 1 deen 1 enemy. You can talk that hopeful thinking stuff all you want, the reality is until we have 1 common banner we just on the hamster wheel.
I'm sure we could find some. Islam would be a distraction, we don't need religion to fight injustice.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure we could find some. Islam would be a distraction, we don't need religion to fight injustice.
You need Islam because you are going to get rolled over without it. Islam will conquer the world breh, that's a fact. And ill let you in on a little secret breh...it's already conquered the world. Dont convert when its too late.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You need Islam because you are going to get rolled over without it. Islam will conquer the world breh, that's a fact. And ill let you in on a little secret breh...it's already conquered the world. Dont convert when its too late.
:russ:

fukk, I wish religion would GO AWAY....all of them

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
  • Find a common thread like how other groups have a unifying culture.
  • Get rid of the rampant individualism.
  • Think of the group first before yourself.
  • Bartering.
  • Stop being emotional in the public sphere. Let logic reign.
  • Siphon white resources lowkey and funnel it back into our dwellings.
  • Gain financial literacy.
  • Learn law from the inside and out.
  • Have a black nationalist mindset. Make moves a black nationalist would make.
  • Coalesce with like minds.
  • Replace college as the 'end all be all' with entrepreneurship.
  • Build ties with black people throughout the diaspora.
  • Make Africa our base of operations. You can't have your base on the same mass of land as your enemies.
  • Funnel our kids into STEM and teach them that they should use those acquired skills to build us up.
  • Channel the money we do have in order to get whatever we need to get popping, popping.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
1. Acknowledge black people live under a system of white supremacy and that they are dominated by said system in all areas of people activity :francis:

2. Start with self. Find local black business, patronize them, repeat indefinitely and circle one's own money with black people as much as possible :obama:

3. Work with like minded black people in their local cities to create a black economy by cycling money between black businesses locally :ehh:

4. Once they have the cycle going at home, link up with other like minded blacks in other cities and create trade agreements (like countries do):takedat:

5. Repeat and recylce across the entire country, so that black people have city trade organizations that form a national network :youngsabo:

6. Establish a board to oversee projects funded via proceeds of network - police, schools, political lobby in DC, funding/takeover of HBCUs, etc. :whew:

7. Send board members to form international trade agreements with Africa and the Caribbean directly :krs:

8. Form the African Monetary Fund backed by the natural resources of Africa :ohlawd:

Granted, some steps are much easier than others.

Steps 1 - 3 are pretty easy and doable for any and every black person whose serious about black empowerment :ufdup:

Steps 4 - 6 are game changers and put black people in the seat of serious power :whoo:

Steps 7 and 8 would most likely end white supremacy and will probably get you assassinated :mjpls:

Peace

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Education, Generational Wealth, Family

I typed a huuuuge answer but I erased it. Short and sweet is better.

Keepya onya toes

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I agree with convert to Islam.

How can Blacks unify without singing from the same hymn sheet.

A lot less fatherless homes.:hubie:

Selling out is not a option. Coconuts/ sell out will be called traitors and treasonous and be treated as such. No other sellouts of any other community can walk round with their heads held high. :stopitslime:

Muslims are not allowed to kill their fellow brothers without good reason which would end Black on Black crime.:ehh:

Islam looks down on male and females sleeping around, so a lot less unwanted and abused children. :blessed:

A honourable career is encouraged in Islam. On the day of judgement the Lord will ask "How did you earn your money" playing sports is frowned upon, so Black boys would be forced to think about owning their own businesses early. so when their older they don't have to run to Cac males on some:feedme:

So many more examples.....but to conclude

Islam is the only way out.:blessed:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
One thing that came to mind recently while skimming threads on The Coli is that everything is separate from whites; vertical and horizontal integration with black people. That's an ok mindset, but I think that's severely limiting. How did white people gain their success? Using other people to generate their profit. It started with slavery and after that it moved to finding legal exploits within the law to build assets, wealth, and eventually power. We can't put them through slavery, but we can use them to improve our situation.

For everyone who preaches economic independence, you'll probably want to start by learning from what white folks do/did because it sounds like a lot of dudes on The Coli preach but don't actually offer up any tangible solutions. Take a few risks with the stock market, find legal ways to build capital. Then when you start building capital, you divert that capital into into assets that generate income. Buy a house or a condo and rent it for a little more than the mortgage; you pay off the loan and generate more capital simultaneously. You repeat this process until your income from assets is greater than your expenses. At this point you can theoretically stop working. Once you're in this territory, you've hit th base of what white folks have and you can start looking to really give back to the black community. But remember, you can't help others until you can help yourself. I recommend people read the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad and absorb some of the knowledge he drops. After that, find yourself a copy of the Cashflow 101 game, and subsequently the Cashflow 202 game. They're really trivial games, but they teach you the patterns that you should be following (and that I loosely covered). Get solid at this games, then look for the real world components and make it happen. The author of that book and creator of those games learned from a wealthy white person, took that knowledge, and built something out of it.

Let me give some personal anecdotes on the subject. I've been fortunate enough to never have to live in poverty. My parents and grandparents on my mother's side have been middle class throughout my life but really made no economic progress. My mom has put the work in to make a good salary but she never did anything to build wealth. When I was around 8 or 9 my grandmother tried to get me to learn about the stock market because that's one of the better ways to generate a bit of wealth. I paid a little attention, but as kids do, I put it out of my mind. Fast forward to this past June, I'm at the tail end of college. I found myself watching more stuff on HGTV, a couple of the programs in CNBC that show off how wealthy people live, and naturally I want that. The thing is, I understood that I couldn't amass that sort of wealth with a 9-5 career, even with a 6 figure salary. So I started looking into how to build wealth. What I learned is that being rich does not mean being wealthy. Rich refers to money while wealth refers to assets. I learned that I need to acquire income generating assets so that I can get white person rich. I've since opened an investing account. I've started looking at the housing market to see what's feasible 5, 10 years from now. And when I've made sufficient progress down the right path, then I can build assets that put other black people to work. Then I can mentor other black people and get them on the right path. But what sense does it make if we're both in a bad position?