What More could Blacks today do to Improve their positions in this society?

Daps
Sorry for posting so many threads at once but I'm up drinking, studying, reading, etc., and this question just popped into my head.

It popped into my head thinking about that Why Were Blacks Enslaved thread.

Obviously blacks today weren't alive during the start of the enslavement of our ancestors. Our position today in this society simply isn't our fault. :yeshrug: We were born into it.

We were born into a position that obviously is not ideal for the majority of blacks.

What are your thoughts on what we can do to improve our lot in life not only for ourselves but for future generations going forward? :jbhmm:

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no doubt....just getting tired of hearing/reading what we need to do. Like we haven't been discussing this for years

yeah there is no point. We good at talking shyt, we can talk to the end of earth but at the end of the day only actions matter.

Everybody knows what to do but are they willing to do it?

Nope

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Some of this requires changing how we think as a group but it's starts with the economic stability...

- Those of us who are very well to do must be willing to invest in those of us that aren't, instead of being individualistic.
- Those that aren't must be good investments, instead of attempting to take advantage.
- Men must retake the place of leader, protector, and provider in our homes. Our women and children will fall in line when we are consistent in this way.
- We must be the first educators of our children instead of depending on the state to do it for us.
- We must support our own businesses first.
- We must value our vote as a block, especially in local elections, this will give us leverage to have an agenda with and hold politicians accountable to our interests.

shadowlionred

Rookie
Daps
Positive role models because the youth is the future, older people wont instantly change their mindset so it starts at the youth and unfortunately the young generation is being fed ignorance to keep them stagnant.

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
In my opinion, communication is key. One thing I've learned about black people is that things often get "lost in translation" so to speak and that can really muddle things up. I've seen this countless times with many successful blacks who were looking to give back to the community. More often than not, the community would be expecting too much, or the prominent figure would be too busy trying to convince the community what he/she wanted to do instead of realistically letting them know what could be done.

Once shyt hits the fan, there's nothing but a bunch of finger pointing (IE "He promised to do this", "These people aren't patient enough with me", etc) and hurt feelings all around. A lot of black people are intelligent and have good intentions. We just have to go about producing these results to a greater extent.