what led you into black consciousness?

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
what incident led you into being afrocentric?

First off troll don't call it "Afrocentric"....second off the Truth,Common Sense and nature is our make up ............

When a beast is recognized as is....you can only be ready to attack and defend in all aspects of life...........

jackson35

Banned
Daps
since you are so wise, what are the characteristic of this beast that we have to be ready to attack and defend?

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Honestly it was the Donald Sterling incident that first made me question wtf is going on in the c*ntry.. I couldn't understand why so many people were caping for this dude.

When I started reading reotrts like " It's no big deal, it's not like he said the N-word":childplease: and "Those black athletes should have known the type of man he is":childplease: all on Espn, not to mention mark Cubans comments... It was a real life and real time eye opener for me.

I've been in the military and overseas for a long time so for the most part much of the news stories in the U.S never really caught my attention

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
My pops. From when I was a kid he made sure to let me know that 1) I'm an African and I should be proud to be African and 2) the white man is the devil. On the real I used to think he was just an old crazy racist. Turns out he was 100% right.

I didn't really start reading and studying history until I was in my early 20s though.

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
my dad kinda put me on game as a kid as far as dealing with white people and positioning yourself for success. As far as history of systematic oppression it came from my history teacher in the 6th grade. Black dude who rocked dreads....he always gave me side projects on black folks to read up on and introduced me to Malcolm X. Wish I remembered his name because I learned a lot from that 1 year of interaction.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
portrait.jpg

His autobiography guided me to the light. Haven't looked back since

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Always had a natural interest in the Black Panthers and studied up on them one day in high school after a weak ass black history lesson in american history class

Wu Tang and all their 5%er talk

Nas, Dead Prez, ATCQ
There was a photo of Huey in the booklet that came with God's Son

my mom always told me before slavery there were powerful kingdoms in africa with scholars and doctors and architects but it didnt sink in til way later, she put me onto Marcus Garvey

Autobiography of Malcolm X

stumbled across some youtube videos of Khalid Muhammad 1 day

Hidden Colors put me onto Kaba Kamene & Umar Johnson amongst others

Prof Griff, Red&Blue Pill, Bro Polight all got heat on youtube (shoutout bro Rich)

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
When i was 12 i was spending the summer with my brother in college at Chico State. He lived in this apartment building that had a no black people and a few other 'minorities'. I was hanging with these white kids and one dude had some Mambas candy and gave every other kid a piece but me. I was salty about that so i took t he rest of his candy from him. I didn't register it as racism just that he was being unfair.

Anyway he snitched on me and his parents came to my brothers crib. I admitted i took his shyt and my brother got on my head and put me on punishment. My punishment was no going outside for a week and he made me read the Autobiography of Malcolm X. He fukked up when he did that :wow:

That shyt was like a bomb that went off in my brain and nothing was the same after that. Imagine if we gave our youth the game from the moment they were born and continued to reinforce the ideas of black power. We could turn this shyt around in 1 generation :banderas: