What I’ve Learned as a White Mom Raising Two Black Sons

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
:patrice: I can't hate, because they have a respectable home which is an upgrade from being in foster care. But I think they're making a big mistake talking to them about race at such a young age. I know they have black friends and all, but can a white person REALLY tell a black person on how to deal with racism in America? I see they admit they don't have the answers, but I've seen this backfire before.

Is it better to teach them that everyone is equal and color doesn't matter? I think it states they're 10, seems old enough considering kids getting killed at 12 out there

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
:patrice: Not sure how I feel about this tbh, mixed feelings.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikka how did you? :dahell:
You were more concerned about people who will potentially hate than actually commenting on the article so i did it to you.
I think that its a family taking in 2 orphan black children and imo theres only one way to feel about it. But knowin coli....

I have just under 200 posts in 8 months. Idrc about daps or reps man, not sure why you made that assumption.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice: I can't hate, because they have a respectable home which is an upgrade from being in foster care. But I think they're making a big mistake talking to them about race at such a young age. I know they have black friends and all, but can a white person REALLY tell a black person on how to deal with racism in America?

I don't think so. But it's still better than teach them lies about how Black folks are just as racist as white folks and there's no system in place to set Black folks back.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Husband is a cuc...and he looks like Ed Norton.

On the real though respect to the couple though they seem like they standup people:salute: