What is your favorite Star Trek episode of all time?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is going to be TNG slanted:

Yesterday's Enterprise
Family
Best of Both Worlds part 1
Who Watches the Watchers
The Measure of a Man
The Drumhead:wow:
Qpid

And finally...I know I'm going to get shyt for this..but The Royale:russ: it's so much damn fun and I love seeing Riker, Worf, and Data out of their element
:mjlol: You know the concept could have been savaged if it had happened in the 3rd or 4th season probably would have been a gem. I have gotten to the point where I enjoy season 1 and 2 although I know its not technically good overall.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I forgot about all good things which was the goat finale.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Man....

The thing about TNG is that I haven't seen it in so long... When BBC runs the marathon, I'll leave that shyt on and go through a series of emotions as I re-live my childhood. There's so many great eps there's no way I can pick just one.
Favorite DS9 episode gotta be Way of the Warrior, though.
Voyager: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man....

The thing about TNG is that I haven't seen it in so long... When BBC runs the marathon, I'll leave that shyt on and go through a series of emotions as I re-live my childhood. There's so many great eps there's no way I can pick just one.
Favorite DS9 episode gotta be Way of the Warrior, though.
Voyager: Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy
Both very good episodes. If voyager developed everyone like they did the doctor and weren't so inconsistent and contradictory it probably could have been better than ds9. They also used the reset button plot device to much.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Voyager had some good eps when 7 of 9 came through. The one when the doctor was in her body is good. And voyager year of he'll is a great ep.
I actually think 7 of 9 hurt the show. She made most of the cast useless with the exception of janeway and the doctor. She also killed character development for everyone except the doctor.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I actually think 7 of 9 hurt the show. She made most of the cast useless with the exception of janeway and the doctor. She also killed character development for everyone except the doctor.

Let's be real those mf'ers weren't getting any character development anyway.

Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Neelix, Kes... were all throwaway characters.

Tuvok, Janeway, Doctor, 7, and *sometimes* Torres were the only ones worth giving a fukk on Voyager.

Compare that to the ensemble cast on DS9 :ohlawd:.... man everyone from Ben Sisko down to fukking Leeta were important parts of the story.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Voyager had some good eps when 7 of 9 came through. The one when the doctor was in her body is good. And voyager year of he'll is a great ep.
That was a great episode! Personally I enjoyed the episodes where we saw the storyline on earth and Deanna and a few others made cameos.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
That was her show after she entered. Definitely took it in a different direction.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's be real those mf'ers weren't getting any character development anyway.

Paris, Kim, Chakotay, Neelix, Kes... were all throwaway characters.

Tuvok, Janeway, Doctor, 7, and *sometimes* Torres were the only ones worth giving a fukk on Voyager.

Compare that to the ensemble cast on DS9 :ohlawd:.... man everyone from Ben Sisko down to fukking Leeta were important parts of the story.
I always hear people say that but I think they are throwaway because they made them throwaway. Comparing them to ds9 doesn't make a lot of sense. Ds9 was basically a show Berman/Braga had little input on they mostly cared about Voyager.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think harry Kim got hurt the most.
I think b'elanna was hurt more at least Kim was on the bridge lol. Even Tuvok took a L. 7 was always at that auxiliary tactical console on the bridge lol.

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
And finally...I know I'm going to get shyt for this..but The Royale:russ: it's so much damn fun and I love seeing Riker, Worf, and Data out of their element

The Royale is goofy in all the right ways, very much had the low-budget trippy feel of TOS.

I haven't seen enough of the later series but Best of Both Worlds Part I might be the goat season-ending cliffhanger. Yesterday's Enterprise is a microcosm of everything good about trek.

Based on my smoked out rewatch of TOS from last year I'd say Balance of Terror, The Doomsday Machine, Mirror Mirror, Tribbles, and the Tholian Web are the cream of the crop. Conversely, The Omega Glory is one of the funniest trainwrecks I've ever seen on television and deserves its own Rifftrax/MST3K treatment.