What is time stretching and the benefits of it?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
What’s popping always hear a lot about time stretching samples but I don’t really know what it is……what’s the benefits of time stretching my samples? I heard the maschine can’t do this

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
You have a sample that is say 3 seconds long and you want to fit it into 6 seconds to align perfectly with drums. You time stretch it and it fits into your bars so your drums and snares hit when they are supposed to. You can time stretch and make it sound slower but some programs like fruity loops allow you time stretch while keeping the same tone of the original sample.

Everything i do with samples is timestretched

Crackface's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
You have a sample that is say 3 seconds long and you want to fit it into 6 seconds to align perfectly with drums. You time stretch it and it fits into your bars so your drums and snares hit when they are supposed to. You can time stretch and make it sound slower but some programs like fruity loops allow you time stretch while keeping the same tone of the original sample.

Everything i do with samples is timestretched

Crackface's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This sounds interesting....im guessing I would have to time stretch my chops etc in Adobe audition and then drop em in maschine?....I heard the maschine can't ts

Let's so I have multiple chops do I have to time stretch them all?

feeling your beats got a real eerie feeling to it

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
This sounds interesting....im guessing I would have to time stretch my chops etc in Adobe audition and then drop em in maschine?....I heard the maschine can't ts

Let's so I have multiple chops do I have to time stretch them all?

feeling your beats got a real eerie feeling to it

If you have multiple chops you dont have to time stretch them all. In fruity loops you have a plug in called fruity slicer which slices the beat in half up to i think 10s and 20's if you like. You can then just click where you want the chop to go in whats called a piano roll and make your chop accordingly. You will know by listening to it if it requires time stretching and then slicing. If you are just slicing sounds there is no need to stretch.

Thank you for the compliment. Its elevator music in an estate of horrors.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
If you have multiple chops you dont have to time stretch them all. In fruity loops you have a plug in called fruity slicer which slices the beat in half up to i think 10s and 20's if you like. You can then just click where you want the chop to go in whats called a piano roll and make your chop accordingly. You will know by listening to it if it requires time stretching and then slicing. If you are just slicing sounds there is no need to stretch.

Thank you for the compliment. Its elevator music in an estate of horrors.
:smugdraper:

makes sense! thanks always wanted to know the meaning and Benefits of ts

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
What mpc tek, its trash on the 1000 and 2500.

Protools adobe audition and reason time stretch is.crack.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:ohhh: so y am I just now figuring out the maschine can be use as a standalone unit :snoop: