• Nintendo DS

Results are only viewable after voting.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
How you gonna forget the Neo Geo pad :dahell: shyt was :banderas: if you came up in the arcades and especially if you used 360 heavy characters (think Zangief)

16092108057.jpg

But to answer OP’s question: tie between SNES pad and non 3D Saturn pad. Keep in mind I primarily play fighting games (RPGs and shooters as well), if I can’t get a hold of a fightstick, I’d use one of those two. That’s literally how good they are for what I play. They’re considered the holy grail of pads by the FGC for a reason

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Dreamcast all the way

Sega Saturn 3D Pad
Sega-Saturn-JP-3D-Pad.jpg

Those dome analogs. I wish someone would have adopted them. The controls only flaws were that it had too much travel space and was used with like 3 games

How you gonna forget the Neo Geo pad :dahell: shyt was :banderas: if you came up in the arcades and especially if you used 360 heavy characters (think Zangief)

16092108057.jpg

But to answer OP’s question: tie between SNES pad and non 3D Saturn pad. Keep in mind I primarily play fighting games (RPGs and shooters as well), if I can’t get a hold of a fightstick, I’d use one of those two. That’s literally how good they are for what I play. They’re considered the holy grail of pads by the FGC for a reason

Does the neo geo CD have a Microswitch dpad like the neo geo pocket color? Because it's definitely top tier if so.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Those dome analogs. I wish someone would have adopted them. The controls only flaws were that it had too much travel space and was used with like 3 games

Does the neo geo CD have a Microswitch dpad like the neo geo pocket color? Because it's definitely top tier if so.
:yes:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Dreamcast technically adapted the pad, hower not the dome analog. I agree they should have done something with the positioning of the buttons and the sizing. Sega at the time kept shooting themselves on the foot rushing things to the point where most of the Sega Saturn's controllers didn't support the pad. It's crazy how Sega Saturn was the first console to support the analog stick.

Here's the list of games that supported the pad