What is the funniest "White" sitcom of All Time???

What is the funniest "White" sitcom of All Time???

• Seinfield

Votes: 109 22.6%
  • Friends (yea right lol)

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Married With Children

Votes: 153 31.7%
  • King of Queens

Votes: 60 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 27 5.6%
  • Curb Your Enthusiam

Votes: 101 21.0%
  • Malcolm in the Middle

Votes: 27 5.6%
  • That 70s Show

Votes: 22 4.6%
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Votes: 47 9.8%
  • The Office

Votes: 69 14.3%
  • Frasier

Votes: 8 1.7%

• Total voters

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I've heard that Seinfield didn't start off strong. So what season did it start getting good?

It was honestly good from the jump If you're a fan of the series. The early episodes had already established two things that the show struggled with during it's first two seasons but corrected mid way through the second and on into the third. The first, being that Jerry Seinfeld, could not be the star of this vehicle. While the show initially started off as him living in New York with his best friend George Costanza, the main focus of the writing was always on Jerry with characters such as George supplementing the dialogue by being a character he knows.

As I've always told people, Jerry Seinfeld in and of himself isn't outlandishly Funny and at first glance, quite bland. His jokes speak for themselves, in which he writes whimsical shyt like anthropomorphic socks planning jail breaks out of hampers and the quintessential "What's the deal with..." tag that made him a mild running joke for damn near all his career after that became the norm for him.

So Jerry Seinfeld the comedian, being Jerry Seinfeld The Comedian, in a show about Jerry Seinfeld the Comedian who's a comedian named Jerry Seinfeld, was the format that they wrote around, with Larry and Jerry being the main writers at the start of this fledgling series and while they made some classic shyt and set the tone for what Seinfeld the show would eventually morph into, had to start to take notice of the onscreen talent that was waiting there to be cultivated.

Now while George Costanza was always a conduit for Larry David to write jokes from his perspective for a character that was based off of him, Jerry realized that his Co-stars, were already established actors with Michael Richards already reknowned for his Buffonish persona and physical comedy along with Jason Alexander's already established act of being a short, stocky, funny (Wasn't balding at the time) dim witted character and. Jerry couldn't compete against this so the writing eventually lent way to George and Kramer having their own storylines at times find focus with or without Jerry present, which in turn led to them being able to set the frame work for all the erratic, anti-social, sardonic shyt that the show came to generate as it built up a following and had another windfall when it started attracting writers who used their personal experiences to shape character storylines which helped the series to take off as now every character in said show was free to be OUTSIDE of Jerry Seinfeld the Comedian's Universe, instead having the ability to live in it and leave temporarily as they chose.

The early episodes when the show was on it's trial run were called "The Seinfeld Chronicles" but after realizing that this show couldn't just be about him, and the fact that a few other shows either had the Star's first name in it (The Gary Schandling show etc..) or Chronicles some where in the title, Jerry Seinfeld made a positive shift towards not playing himself within his show, a mild, somewhat meek, relatively unknown comedian that tells jokes (They featured him doing sets during the episodes but gradually pulled it back as Jerry decided to make his character successful enough that he could just lay about and cause mischief with his friends in a more believeable sense) to a character of his chosing to match the temperments of his Co-stars, along with the inclusion of a female, in one Julia Louie Dryfuss.

This episode was a revelation to Jerry and Larry that they shouldn't be trying to root themselves in the reality of portraying Jerry Seinfeld in a comedy special, but should more focus on creating a show where they could write narratives on social commentary, introduce clueless caricatures of stereotypes that were resonating with folk in that era, and as the show, which struggled the first three seasons in ratings and was always on the verge of being cancelled grew wings, they started to get more characters that played iconic roles, Such as the Actors and Actresses that played Jerry and George's parents, Kenny Bania, Elaine's overbearing boss Mr Pitt all the way down to the genius portrayal of George Stinebrenner. shyt was a media Juggernaut that could not be stopped once it became a household name on it's insistence on being a show where "No Learning, No Hugging" became the basis for every episode and excluded any space for heartfelt, drama or tragedy, instead opting to be as outlandish and absurd with it's characters and settings as could be in those times without breaking the censors.

I can safely say, having watch the entire series more times than the hair follicles of all the posters in here combined, that there is NOT a dull episode of Seinfeld in existence. Even weak story arcs, like the episode where Elaine dates a "Black" guy but isn't sure if he's black or not, couldn't be bogged down by all the extra shyt that was happening in each of the other character's story arcs; A thing Seinfeld was famous for doing which made it's writing at the time pretty noticeable as opposed of focusing on one sole character like the first season wanted to.

So yeah, muddled rant aside, It was always a good show from the get with funny writing that identified it's brand of television, corporate wanted it to be an established hit out the gate and reluctantly listened to the few folk at NBC who had the power to vouch for it to keep it going until Season 3 broadened the character's personalities and storylines started to weave and create history.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
MV5BN2RkZGE0MjAtZGVkOS00MzVhLTg0OWItZTc4OGRjOTQ1ZTM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

One of my favorite shows ever

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I expected to see King of Queens in the lead....but it is 2nd to Married With Children which came out decades before.......I could buy that :ehh:

EDIT.....No its not :comeon::beli::skip:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Happy Endings
Curb your Enthusiasm
Always Sunny in Philadelphia

your list is weak since you don’t have those as options
Breaks my heart knowing a lot people don’t even know what Happy Endings is. Show is absolute hilarity.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Is it weird that I love curb and always sunny but could never get into Seinfeld? Maybe it’s the laugh track. If it’s something I grew up with like fresh prince I tune it out or it feels nostalgic. If not it’s really annoying and makes the show hard to watch.
Not weird at all. I hated Seinfeld and Friends couldn’t get into either but effed with Curbed, always sunny and Frasier, heavy.