What if Billy Jack Haynes had killed Vince McMahon?

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain

I just got done listening Billy Jack Haynes shoot interview, and in it he says that after feeling that he got screwed over by Vince, he went to his car to get his gun, was going to blow Vince's brains out, and then turn the gun on himself. He also stated that Hercules saw him with the gun and that is what stopped Billy Jack from going through with the deed. It kind of got me thinking though (assuming Billy Jack's story is true) What if Hercules didn't intervene and Billy Jack really did murder Vince. Who would have taken control of the company?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
What year was that? Because AWA would've been the power over Jim Crockett if they were both alive then. Their roster was fire...It was basically wwf before mania

Edit: it was 92 after AWA died...So I'd say it would be nwa vs WCW wars with HEYMAN being the brain behind NWA.

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
What year was that? Because AWA would've been the power over Jim Crockett if they were both alive then. Their roster was fire...It was basically wwf before mania

Edit: it was 92 after AWA died...So I'd say it would be nwa vs WCW wars with HEYMAN being the brain behind NWA.

Could may well be Jack mentions Crush (Bryan Adams) had been there for a while with Demolition and was after his Black Blood gimmick in WCW so I think this was in 92.

Daps
That would of been the end of Vince's chapter...We have Nitro threads every Monday.

Nitro was doomed as soon as the AOL/Time Warner merger was signed. Wouldn't have mattered if they won the MNWs in ratings, or if they had been blowing the roof off with the booking. The new owners thought wrestling was down-market for what they wanted TNT to be. (It was around this time that they cancelled Monstervision with Joe Bob Briggs, too. That was my favorite thing of life - sitting up watching scary movies after I was supposed to be in bed, and getting in trouble for sleeping in church the next morning. That show was also déclassé to the AOL/Time Warner execs, but a thing that Billionaire Ted had loved when he was the sole owner. )

Sad to say, but without Vince McMahon Jr., I think we'd be in the same position as the UK was in after ITV cancelled World of Sport.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it was 92 then wrestling would of already gone national by then....Kevin Dunn, Pat Patterson and all those core vince guys would of ditched the cartoon characters earlier and wrestling today would be presented more sport than entertainment....Shane and steph would of just taken over earlier...shane was 22 in 92..

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
If it was 92 then wrestling would of already gone national by then....Kevin Dunn, Pat Patterson and all those core vince guys would of ditched the cartoon characters earlier and wrestling today would be presented more sport than entertainment....Shane and steph would of just taken over earlier...shane was 22 in 92..

:patrice: You've got a valid point I agree if it was 92. Do you think if they ditched the cartoon stuff early do you think they would still attract kids? Do you think WWF would've been presented like New Japan?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
End of 92 is when wwf really started to downfall anyway.

But that said, Vince has prob had his life threatened so many times he feels invincible at this point. He was getting death threats back when he was overstepping into other territories.