Daps
Reppin
I still have this Bravia , it came out in 2016

41clC8meQiL._SX425_.jpg

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Still got my 2009 Bravia in the living room looks great for tv/movies

Horrible gaming TV..Input lag/Response time from the stone age of LCD....Got a 5ms Samsung in the den for games

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The only problem is that all that glass decoration makes it unbelievably heavy, if you ever need to move it. After sitting in my room for over 10 years, driving it over to my aunt's house and taking it down into the basement was a painful experience. Plus, with the sharp edges there's no easy place to hold on to when you're trying to lift it.
Man my pop got one in the basement. I'm not sure if it's a 65" or 75" but that bytch is fukking heavy. Once we got it down there he said it's not coming out until it dies and he's gonna smash it to get it out of there. It's well over 10 years old and still looking good.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Remember when Sony Bravias were THEEE fukking TV to get for top tier gaming and colors? from 07-14 if you had a bravia, you had the best of the best. Beautiful colors, the deepest of blacks...the best money could buy.

WTF happened?

LG and Samsung took sony's shyt like Deebo did Red....you don't even hear nobody talking about people wanting a bravia no more...someone would laugh at your ass for even suggesting a Bravia over a LG OLED....where yall think shyt went south?
No Vizio happened and forced all the other manufacturers to price their TVs much closer to their actual value. All that brand recognition shyt went out the window lol

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Man my pop got one in the basement. I'm not sure if it's a 65" or 75" but that bytch is fukking heavy. Once we got it down there he said it's not coming out until it dies and he's gonna smash it to get it out of there. It's well over 10 years old and still looking good.

Mine was only 40". I just looked that one up, and it weighed 77 lbs including the stand.

Not easy to move by yourself.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
No Vizio happened and forced all the other manufacturers to price their TVs much closer to their actual value. All that brand recognition shyt went out the window lol
Exactly. I bought a 53" 4K LCD TV for $250 last year and it looks great.

Anyone paying thousands for a tv is an idiot

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Remember when Sony Bravias were THEEE fukking TV to get for top tier gaming and colors? from 07-14 if you had a bravia, you had the best of the best. Beautiful colors, the deepest of blacks...the best money could buy.

WTF happened?

LG and Samsung took sony's shyt like Deebo did Red....you don't even hear nobody talking about people wanting a bravia no more...someone would laugh at your ass for even suggesting a Bravia over a LG OLED....where yall think shyt went south?

I highly doubt that breh :whew:

3D-sony-a1-oled-model_0.jpg

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Are Vizio and TCL good brands, I notice they seem to be more affordable, but I don't want cheap either.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So it appears Bravia are amazing for movies/tv shows, have decent sound quality compared to other tv's yet are horrid when we talk about gaming.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Are Vizio and TCL good brands, I notice they seem to be more affordable, but I don't want cheap either.
They're the Kia/Hyundai of HDTVs...they were trash when they started but their quality improved significantly once they got some capital going. They're a middle-of-the-pack brand. Nothing wrong with em. There's better. There's worse.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Still have a 32 Bravia from 2009.

All the current high end Sony TVs have way too much Google integration and shyt. I'm not trying to have a TV with a mic. Not comfortable with that shyt. I

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
So it appears Bravia are amazing for movies/tv shows, have decent sound quality compared to other tv's yet are horrid when we talk about gaming.

Fam, there is no way in hell I am relying on a tv for anything related to sound quality :camby:. It's gonna be at the very least hooked up to a soundbar/sub combo or a full blown surround sound setup.

I used to be a Bravia head way back in the day, now its #Samsunggang over here.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Fam, there is no way in hell I am relying on a tv for anything related to sound quality :camby:. It's gonna be at the very least hooked up to a soundbar/sub combo or a full blown surround sound setup.

I used to be a Bravia head way back in the day, now its #Samsunggang over here.
yeah but for a good majority of people they are not going for a soundbar or home theater system option