What happened to Sony Bravias brehs?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Remember when Sony Bravias were THEEE fukking TV to get for top tier gaming and colors? from 07-14 if you had a bravia, you had the best of the best. Beautiful colors, the deepest of blacks...the best money could buy.

WTF happened?

LG and Samsung took sony's shyt like Deebo did Red....you don't even hear nobody talking about people wanting a bravia no more...someone would laugh at your ass for even suggesting a Bravia over a LG OLED....where yall think shyt went south?

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
They make good TVs. What separates the TV companies are the processing chips and software as someone mentioned here that LG Display provides the panels for the OLEDs. I'm not sure who makes their LCD screens.

Sony's software for OLEDs are second only to Panasonic whom do not sell TVs in the US. Sony's falls down with gaming input lag and their OS, although their android OS has greatly improved with the 2019 models

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Back in 2006, I paid $2,500 for one of these:
x158KD40XB2-f-1.jpeg

If I remember correctly, it was the first 1080p TV other than ridiculously high-end TV's like the Sony Qualia that cost over $10,000.

I gave it to my aunt last year. The TV still looks great and works perfectly.

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
x158KD40XB2-f-1.jpeg

If I remember correctly, it was the first 1080p TV other than ridiculously high-end TV's like the Sony Qualia that cost over $10,000.

I still have this TV in the bedroom. Still looks decent, good motion and the speakers are the best I've heard on any HDTV.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I still have this TV in the bedroom. Still looks decent, good motion and the speakers are the best I've heard on any HDTV.

The only problem is that all that glass decoration makes it unbelievably heavy, if you ever need to move it. After sitting in my room for over 10 years, driving it over to my aunt's house and taking it down into the basement was a painful experience. Plus, with the sharp edges there's no easy place to hold on to when you're trying to lift it.

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
The only problem is that all that glass decoration makes it unbelievably heavy, if you ever need to move it. After sitting in my room for over 10 years, driving it over to my aunt's house and taking it down into the basement was a painful experience. Plus, with the sharp edges there's no easy place to hold on to when you're trying to lift it.

I feel you, had it on a stand and then mounted it to the wall. It was a pain in the ass to move it up and down stairs. It's a tank, think it weighs over 70lbs. Going to replace it soon and use it as a backup/patio TV in the summer.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
x158KD40XB2-f-1.jpeg

Had that same plasma. Took 2 bodybuilders to move that heavy piece of shyt whenever we moved.

Paid 3k for it to watch the raiders vs the bucs superbowl back then.

:snoop:

Lesson learned with technology.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Sony still make Lcd panels. I wanna get the XE93 or a ZD9. Best 4k panels they made. Shame you can't buy them new anymore.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sony still make Lcd panels. I wanna get the XE93 or a ZD9. Best 4k panels they made. Shame you can't buy them new anymore.
We on the cusp of 8k

Should get some moderatly affordable models for 2020 with ps5 droppin

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They make good TVs. What separates the TV companies are the processing chips and software as someone mentioned here that LG Display provides the panels for the OLEDs. I'm not sure who makes their LCD screens.

Sony's software for OLEDs are second only to Panasonic whom do not sell TVs in the US. Sony's falls down with gaming input lag and their OS, although their android OS has greatly improved with the 2019 models
The Android part is good to hear cause I stopped using my tv built in shyt completely in favor of a Roku ultra. While I liked it initially, the built in Android OS is buggy as fukk

The picture (HDR colors, motion) is fukking great tho, and this is a 2016 model