What happen between 1994 and 2001?

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Y’all really going to do this knowing damn well yall ain’t own 90% of those consoles :stopitslime:
I had a genesis and a snes, thats 2 for 8 right there, wanted the Neo Geo Pocket Color when it launched, but was out of my price range at the time (for a 9-10 year old), by the time I did have enough the pachinko company gutted SNK and cancelled the console.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I had a genesis and a snes, thats 2 for 8 right there, wanted the Neo Geo Pocket Color when it launched, but was out of my price range at the time (for a 9-10 year old), by the time I did have enough the pachinko company gutted SNK and cancelled the console.

It was always two main popular consoles per generation with a bunch of garbo no one had but that ‘one kid down the street’ thrown in. Ever since the mid 2000’s is when three consoles became viable.

There was never some grand tasters choice of gaming consoles in the 80’s and 90’s it was basically nintendo strong arming the market with sega picking up the scraps. The console race, right now is closer than it ever was back then.

The fact that Nintendo and Sony can both sell over 100 million consoles per generation is proof of that

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Bruh Genesis and SNES were a given but be serious,

3DO = Nobody own that

TurboGrafx = Yea Bonk changed the game
Fujitsu = :stopitslime: really

SNK = Only hardcore weebs or Brazilians were pulling Neo Geos
Atari = :bryan:

Commodore = Only a thing in the UK

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

3DO = Nobody own that

Why are these nigggas trying to re-write history? :dead:

It wasn’t only home consoles either, Nintendo basically controlled two markets for two generations. How many dead handhelds have come and gone under the wake of Gameboy?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Why are these nigggas trying to re-write history? :dead:

It wasn’t only home consoles either, Nintendo basically controlled two markets for two generations. How many dead handhelds have come and gone under the wake of Gameboy?

Bruh it’s crazy, nikkas really trying to romanticize their parents buying em shytty Christmas presents.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bruh it’s crazy, nikkas really trying to romanticize their parents buying em shytty Christmas presents.

Thanks to sony we don’t get these anymore :damn:

81ftIcTDWqS.jpg

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
It was always two main popular consoles per generation with a bunch of garbo no one had but that ‘one kid down the street’ thrown in. Ever since the mid 2000’s is when three consoles became viable.

There was never some grand tasters choice of gaming consoles in the 80’s and 90’s it was basically nintendo strong arming the market with sega picking up the scraps. The console race, right now is closer than it ever was back then.

The fact that Nintendo and Sony can both sell over 100 million consoles per generation is proof of that
depends on the market, Nintendo had SEGA's card in North America, but outside of that SEGA was bullying nintendo in south america & europe. In japan I want to say the market was more split, with Nintendo having a bit of an edge over sega.

Jonah

Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew

3DO = Nobody own that

Hold up, I got some receipts :umad:

3DO actually had a fairly sizable player base (700,000 in 1995 with 300,000 of them being in the US) despite being a fairly shytty console, mainly because it launched in 1993 back when the genesis & snes were it's only real competition and had a huge hype campaign prior to launch.

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

3DO had also launched the M2 model around this time, which was considered to be a huge upgrade across all fronts and was very well received. Hell, people were even saying the M2 was a Playstation killer at the time

Even running at 50% speed an emulation boards, the M2 already "blows away" the PlayStation and Saturn, says 3DO

:ohlawd:

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

SNK was also considered a legitimate contender back then, although the price was pretty high even by the 90s standards, which locked a bunch of people out as well as it's adherance to 2D sprites instead of 3D. But the huge advantage was that it was pushing the whole "Arcade perfect" experience, which at the time you couldn't get.

BookReaderImages.php

Atari was still in the game at this point, doing their Jaguar thing. people used to call it the "toilet" due to it's shape, but it was still around and had about 150,000 sales in the US by 1995, Despite the company hemorrhaging money left and right. As you can see in the article, people were speculating that Atari was on their way out the door in 1995.

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php
BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

Last edited: