What gimmick matches rarely produce good matches?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I'm surprised at all the Triple Threat Match mentions. It's probably my favorite gimmick match. Nobody here liked Samoa Joe/AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels? ECW had good 3 way dances.
Yeahhhh... Triple Threat have a nice dynamic, but Fatal Four Ways are dumpster fire without elimination

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
The King of the Mountain match is the worst match ever created and the sample size (12) is large enough for me to say that with complete confidence. There is nothing worse. It was just garbage, every single one of them were garbage.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
The King of the Mountain match is the worst match ever created and the sample size (12) is large enough for me to say that with complete confidence. There is nothing worse. It was just garbage, every single one of them were garbage.
I used to think it was a really dumb concept (and I still do) but the matches themselves grew on me over time :manny:

ÆTHER

The Fifth Element
Daps
Reppin
93 million miles above these devils
I used to think it was a really dumb concept (and I still do) but the matches themselves grew on me over time :manny:

Some of them were decent spotfests if you're watching for that but the format made suspension of disbelief difficult and the finishes always felt anticlimactic. Like the format meant that virtually everyone at some point would get a pin to gain eligibility and virtually everyone would end up in the penalty box at some point in the match. It's difficult to watch someone eat multiple pins in a match and see them as much of a winner and by the nature of the match and guys trying to hang the belt up it always made the belt look like shyt when it kept getting dropped all over the place (that's just a pet peeve of mine). The penalty box gave a logical explanation for why guys couldn't interfere in the finish (and a place for AJ to jump off) but beyond that it was pretty ehh.

If they wanted to switch the ladder match format up then a simple multi-man ladder match where you could pin and submit guys to eliminate them from contention could have worked. It would have taken guys out without having to watch the eventual winner "lose" during the match.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
I agree with everyone saying scaffold and blindfold matches , chair matches are also trash