What game in the Megaman franchise has the best music? Which game was the best overall?

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Pretty much every MM game I've played had a great soundtrack, if I had to pick a favorite... for the original it's MM2, 3, 8, 9. The X series generally had better music (and was a better series overall for me) and X4/X5 probably had my favorite music in the entire series. Network Transmission from the Battle Network series also had a really good soundtrack

Favorite classic game is MM3 with MM5 and MM8 right behind it, for some reason I'm not as big on MM2 as others are even though it was the one that got me into the series, it probably has my least favorite Wiley levels (music kicks ass though). Favorite X game is probably X4 but X1-X5 are pretty close for me

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Im shocked that no one mentioned Mega Man 6 for the NES. That music was legit :ohlawd: , but very few people played it because the NES was damn near dead by November 1993. People moved on to SNES and Genesis and playing Sonic and StarFox.

Mr. X song, the second to last stage was :wow: and even a bit :to: because you knew it was the last MM game on the NES. A great farewell song to the 8 bit system.

Mega Man 8 for the Sega Saturn, Tengu Man stage is legit piff. Hell, the whole soundtrack was underrated.