what do you do when you get baby fever

tater

Superstar
Daps
Daycare is ridiculous! This girl I work with pays $700 a month. It's not one of those nice centers where they teach the kids Chinese and how to add either. It's some hood spot where they throw them animal crackers and put them in front of the tv to watch spongebob.

Eff that.

Texasdymond

Banned
Daps
This is me all day long. It's silly but when I was younger I would get tearful when I saw mothers out ad about with their babies. I don't do that anymore but I would love a little one. I'm working on it.

That's not silly! Babies are so precious :wub:

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
What do I do when I get baby fever?
I think about all the money that I will miss because I'd have to spend it on the baby for diapers, wipes, childcare, clothing, crib, needing a bigger place, etc. Then I think how babies aren't returnable and I'd at minimum be paying for and dedicating my life to the baby until they are 18; therefore any goals I have will have to be put on hold. Then I think about how I'd miss spontaneity and freedom. Then I think about how I'm not married and how messed up it'll be to be pregnant, alone and have to raise my child in a broken home. Then I think how being a single parent I'd have to work harder because I'd be a single mother and how my kid would essentially be raised by a daycare because I'd have to work more and not have as much time. Then I think about how I'd probably not have a dating life or a serious relationship for awhile and how extra careful I'd have to be in selecting a mate, not to mention if I'd have the time to date. So I'd probably be single for a long time. And then my baby fever disappears. :thumbsup:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I never had baby fever. I did want to be pregnant when my sister was pregnant cos she was so cute with her little belly.

fcm1180

Banned
Daps
When I was with my ex husband I was trying to have a baby more for him and our families. But every time the test came back negative I was relieved. It didn't really hit me that I wanted a child until I was about 34...I'm 36 now and single....hope one day to have a little one...