What do yall think is better, Barbell or Dumbell chest presses

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
Both are good. Keep both of them in your routine. Dumbbells are more difficult but that doesn't really mean db bench is better. Barbell has the edge in being a less limited exercise. Once you get to a certain point with dumbbell bench, getting the damn things set up is harder than the exercise. That's not the case with barbell bench, far more simple.

Exactly. Plus from my experience, BB will fill you out a lot more than DBs...your chest will look fuller. Dumbells seem to make me look more cut though. I like BB bench press.

The Don

The Illest
Daps
Reppin
P-Town
I personally use dumbbells cuz I go to the gym dolo and don't have a spotter but I would think that dumbbells improve strength on each side evenly

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Stuck to dumbbells almost exclusively for the past year up until I went back home for summer and started working out with a friend.. He only did barbell benching, and my shoulders have been gradually getting torn up as a result. I don't know if my form is just that bad, but I went from not having any issues to having to take a week off after doing chest recently.

Went back to dumbbells tonight, and felt literally no shoulder pain whatsoever. Mind you, I had been out with minor aches in my shoulders for about a week now, so I expected some pain in my first workout coming back.

These things are the truth.:wow:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
bout to buy this barbell weight set for the crib for like 250 bench + weights
but if i could just cop some dumbbells for cheaper that would be cool too
which gives you better gains
Gains?
Depending on your set/weight/rep exercise plan, both dumbbells or barbells can give you gains.
What the barbell press does it allow to use more strength towards getting the bar up while dumbbell forces you to use more secondary muscles to balance the dumbbells from arcing outward/inward while going up. You can always press more using a barbell than the combined dumbbell weights. Dumbbells also allow you to get more pectoralis major contraction at the top of the press if you rotate your hands at the top of the press so the palms up pointing towards your face.