What Best LG C1 Oled Settings for PS5?. Help me out brothers (Oled Gang + PS5 Gang)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My LG C1 Oled just arrived so now I'm in oled gang :blessed:

FLFv5anXsAQWlyQ

About to setup my PS5, help a brother out. what are the best settings for PS5

:feedme:

Also, my main concern is burn-in, school me how to avoid burn-in? :lupe"

@-DMP- @Kamikaze Revy @Gizmo_Duck @Ciggavelli @Deezay @OnlyFrans @ORDER_66 @BobbyWojak @ItWasWritten @spliz @Roid Jones @Fatboi1 @Khalil's_Black_Excellence @Data-Hawk @levitate @Zero @In Our Angelhood

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

FLFv5anXsAQWlyQ

@-DMP- @Kamikaze Revy @Gizmo_Duck @Ciggavelli @Deezay @OnlyFrans @ORDER_66 @BobbyWojak @ItWasWritten @spliz @Roid Jones @Fatboi1 @Khalil's_Black_Excellence @Data-Hawk @levitate @Zero @In Our Angelhood

Welcome to the family :salute:

The whole burn in thing is overplayed, just use the anti-burning settings provided and you'll be fine

As for PS5 settings use this as a guide but it's really down to personal preference

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

FLFv5anXsAQWlyQ

I used these settings courtesy of @Deep_Black_Conscious . be sure to rep the man.

Game Mode
OLED Light - 92
Contrast - 85
Brightness - 60
Sharpness - 20 (0 was too soft, bumped it to this based off a random recommendation on reddit, looks good)
Color - 57 (can bump up to 65 for more vibrant image, beyond this it gets oversaturated IMO)
Tint - 0
When selecting color temperature I selected Warm 1
No motion control or image smoothing
Dynamic Tone Mapping set to on
Black Levels set to low
Left everything else alone

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dealt with burn in by gettin a 5 year warranty:lolbron:

Had my OLED since Nov 2020, no burn in yet. I play a lot of Halo yet no sign of burn in from the games HUD or Radar.

I heard cable/satellite is bad for LG C1 Oled so it can causes easy to get burned in. Is it true? :lupe:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I heard cable/satellite is bad for LG C1 Oled so it can causes easy to get burned in. Is it true? :lupe:
Its mainly channels with their logos that have caused issues in the past. example: CNN logo in the bottom corner all day.

Daps
Better than Game Mode settings?.

@Deep_Black_Conscious :lupe:c

What you guys do with the burn in situation? :lupe:
jjm-ice-cube.gif

Much better. You will understand why it's OLED, and then everything else.
For burn in? What burn in? Meaning 0 problems for me I also think the tv automatically does a pixel refresh to keep your tv sharp and avoid burn in
This tv is perfect breh :yeshrug:. Only problem is some VRR fukkery but that's it:yeshrug:

I used these settings courtesy of @Deep_Black_Conscious . be sure to rep the man.
ADJUSTMENTS
I recommend setting the resolution to 4k at all times instead of automatic in PS5 and XSX video settings.
For black level in picture options, set black level to high instead of automatic or low. Black level set to high combined with RGB range set to FULL in PS5 SETTINGS works best for the CX.
You can watch netflix, hulu, etc. with in game mode on the PS5 and the picture will also look great with these settings. :yeshrug:The picture will be even sharper, clearer, and brighter now once you change resolution to 4k at all times instead of automatic, RGB range to full, and black level to high. For contrast you can boost it to 90 if you want a little more contrast and and 90 the recommended out of the box contrast I've seen elsewhere.
SHARPNESS
20 is a safe sweet spot for sharpness but I recommend not reducing down to less than 10(the recommended out of the box sharpness) if you want a softer image or beyond 30 if you want a sharper image than sharpness at 20. 30 is more than enough to satisfy sharpness fiends who love maximums sharpness in games. Anything less than 10 sharpness is :mjlol:. Soft as tissue paper image.:hhh:.

I had to share the settings. This tv is too good to go to waste. TOO GOOD. It will make you fall in love with the act of watching movies, tvs, or playing video games itself instead of taking it for granted and becoming jaded towards art. It will even make you appreciate less than A tv, movies, games because of the image quality. I saved these guaranteed settings, some other alternate settings I recommend a while back, and a
final alternate setting I will share in the future. The guaranteed settings I shared the 1st time along with the minor adjustments are guaranteed improvements

Last edited:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jjm-ice-cube.gif

Much better. You will understand why it's OLED, and then everything else.
For burn in? What burn in? Meaning 0 problems for me I also think the tv automatically does a pixel refresh to keep your tv sharp and avoid burn in
This tv is perfect breh :yeshrug:. Only problem is some VRR fukkery but that's it:yeshrug:

ADJUSTMENTS
I recommend setting the resolution to 4k at all times instead of automatic in PS5 and XSX video settings.
For black level in picture options, set black level to high instead of automatic or low. Black level set to high combined with RGB range set to FULL in PS5 SETTINGS works best for the CX.
You can watch netflix, hulu, etc. with in game mode on the PS5 and the picture will also look great with these settings. :yeshrug:The picture will be even sharper, clearer, and brighter now once you change resolution to 4k at all times instead of automatic, RGB range to full, and black level to high. For contrast you can boost it to 90 if you want a little more contrast and these are 90 is the recommended out of the box contrast I've seen elsewhere.
SHARPNESS
20 is a safe sweet spot for sharpness but I recommend not reducing down to more than 10(the recommended out of the box sharpness) if you want a softer image or beyond 30 if you want a sharper image than sharpness at 20. 30 is more than enough to satisfy sharpness fiends who love maximums sharpness in games. Anything less than 10 sharpness is :mjlol:. Soft as tissue paper image.:hhh:.

I had to share the settings. This tv is too good to go to waste. TOO GOOD. It will make you fall in love with the act of watching movies, tvs, or playing video games itself instead of taking it for granted and becoming jaded towards art. It will even make you appreciate less than A tv, movies, games because of the image quality. I saved these guaranteed settings, some other alternate settings I recommend a while back, and a
final alternate setting I will share in the future. The guaranteed settings I shared the 1st time along with the minor adjustments are guaranteed improvement.

What's the problem with VRR fukkery? :lupe:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What about ESPN's scoreboard?
that would be another example. its really any image that's on the tv for a long time. that's why I brought up Halos HUD and radar. but this was mainly an issue on older OLEDs, n like I said, after over a year of having my LG OLED I aint got problems yet:manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

FLFv5anXsAQWlyQ

Congratulations breh. Welcome to the future.
Make sure you go to YouTube and check out some of LG's official demo footage.
It'll blow your freakin mind.
I don't have the slightest concern about burn in with this TV. It has a few great features behind the scenes in place to avoid it.
As far as settings, I found the TV to be the best TV out of the box that I've ever had.
That being said, I checked a few places online, found a few settings that I liked and dialed everything in further as time went on.
Something to keep in mind is not every setting applies to everyone. It greatly varies depending on the lighting conditions of your room.
My advice is go with a settings list from someone reputable online, and tweak it as you live with it more. You're going to find the need to adjust things here and there as you play different games and watch different content. It's all a part of getting the best picture out of the TV in the room that it's in.
As far as your PS5, make sure you enable the performance preference in the system settings because not every game has an actual toggle setting for 120hz. Warzone for example wont display in 120 unless you tell the PS5 to do so in the actual system settings before you start the game.