What are your favorite gimmicks in wrestling today?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The D'Angelo Family are fun
And yes the man of the hour Joe Hendry
I'd actually like to see how his music videos could come out with real high quality production. I guess you could say they have a charm to them cause they're a bit janky though.
My favorite song was the one he made about AJ Francis playing off of AJ Styles classic TNA theme

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The D'Angelo Family are fun
And yes the man of the hour Joe Hendry
I'd actually like to see how his music videos could come out with real high quality production. I guess you could say they have a charm to them cause they're a bit janky though.
My favorite song was the one he made about AJ Francis playing off of AJ Styles classic TNA theme
Higher quality production doesn’t always deliver a better product.

Like Blair Witch Project. Groundbreaking found footage horror movie, but give it a high scale production aesthetic and it’s just another lame horror movie.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Dominik Mysterio is fukking hilarious. Him hating his own dad with a passion is a hilarious gimmick.

:laff:

if you watch in youtube, go to CC and choose to translate to english if you don't speak spanish
Dude says he didn't wear a mask like his dad and uncle because they were ugly and he's handsome :mjlol:

recently on raw in the background of the purple gang's hideout :russ:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I would disagree with that with the exception of Okada. Bucks have been a little funny but for me not consistently.

Okada has been fukking gold though, his performance this past Wednesday was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen in wrestling.

That’s your opinion. If m not arguing because I find the Bucks and Okada funny.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
"Timeless" Toni Storm is the only truly elite gimmick now that "The Bloodline" has taken somewhat of a backseat with Roman gone, even though they're kind of ruining her by making her fight for Mariah May, when the whole point of the gimmick is that Mariah May is obsessed with her.

I like "hater" Drew McIntyre & "hater" CM Punk

Dominik Mysterio has been great the past few years, even though The Judgment Day is kinda wack.

Christian Cage's "Patriarch" gimmick is good too.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
"Timeless" Toni Storm is the only truly elite gimmick now that "The Bloodline" has taken somewhat of a backseat with Roman gone, even though they're kind of ruining her by making her fight for Mariah May, when the whole point of the gimmick is that Mariah May is obsessed with her.
It’s all part of Mariah’s plan to undermine Toni and take everything away from her.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
D'Angelo Family
Tatum Paxley
Oba Femi
Drew McIntyre

I love a lot of wrestlers but most of them seem like amplified versions of who they are which isn't really what I think of when it comes to a gimmick. So I don't cite folks like Melo, Lola, Punk, Bianca, etc despite being favorites.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I know it's old, but, I been watching old Bloodline promos.

The hating ass member of the group who don't like the new guy.

Judgement Day kinda doing it with Carlito and Damian.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Final boss Roman, Current Rock, and Gunther

Timeless Tony Storm is so good, I’m glad she was able to cook with this gimmick. AEW needs more people with gimmicks btw

Comedic Charismatic Jock - Old Rock & LA Knight

Wrestlers with a demonic alter ego (when not overused) - Finn Balor & Bray Wyatt

Hater - Drew, Punk, and Dom Mysterio

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Final boss Roman, Current Rock, and Gunther

Timeless Tony Storm is so good, I’m glad she was able to cook with this gimmick. AEW needs more people with gimmicks btw

Comedic Charismatic Jock - Old Rock & LA Knight

Wrestlers with a demonic alter ego (when not overused) - Finn Balor & Bray Wyatt

Hater - Drew, Punk, and Dom Mysterio
Problem with what we traditionally think of as gimmicks is that a lot of the time they end up being trash because the people portraying the gimmicks can't act well enough to pull it off. Which is what makes TOni Storm's performance so good because it really stands out as being well acted.

Other than the demonic alter ego stuff, all these other gimmicks you listed are much more grounded in reality and is easy to tap into. Like CM Punk as a hater, that's just him in real life too lol.