What are you expecting and hoping to see in the future of video games?

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Expecting:
Crazy graphics obviously
Revolution/dope iteration in online shooters (how? idk breh or I’d get that bread now)

Hoping:
More space shyt
More robot shyt
Nintendo make new refreshing IP

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Expecting

Consoles gunning for better graphics instead of focusing on having 60FPS be the standard. :unimpressed:
Fighting Games to be lit as fukk this gen, especially now that they got that good ass rollback to allow them to be playable even on international connections.
A bunch of mid cinematic "games" with no replay value whatsoever being called "masterpieces." :scust:
Mario Kart 8 still being trash and never fukkin dying. :pacspit:
Resident Evil 4 Remake to be fire.

Hoping

Nintendo bringing F-Zero back like they did with Metroid. :wow:
Tears of the Kingdom having legit dungeons while still keeping shrines.
Tekken 8 to have rollback.
Xenoverse 3.
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and Prime 4 for the Switch instead of some bullshyt revision/new console.
Mario Kart 9 with Wii-tier AI and tracks that you actually need to be awake to drive on. Goddamn 8 is so trash. :scusthov:
Some good Nintendo remakes. I fukks with the classics brehs. Can't help it. :manny:

Moesha’s Overbearing Dad

Go to your room Miles
Daps
Reppin
I'd like to see Nintendo bring something refreshing to the legend of Zelda... Like an weary old man Link go on one final mission to end Ganon once and for all.. maybe he has worn down ... A family man and his son has to be brave and step up... Idk something that shakes it up a bit... Maybe the outcome determines a whole new story whether you as the player loses to Ganon on your first try

:manny:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Taking advantage of the new, powerful hardware to amplify what we've gotten in the past
AAA, cinematic, story telling, action experiences with eye melting graphics.
No need to name them (cause some might get mad lol)
Not take a damn step backward

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Revolution/dope iteration in online shooters (how? idk breh or I’d get that bread now)

We got BR and DMZ games mid way last gen and you can tell these subgenres havent hit their potential yet. This gen we are really going to see them flourish.

Just look at what this studio under Amazon was doing before the game got cancelled:

The game was designed as a multi-match Battle Royale, where players could influence the next match by doing a variety of different tasks. Befriending one of the game’s many NPC factions was the most game-changing and would create new opportunities for the player in the next subsequent rounds. Factions were able to protect you, provide resources, and send you on missions for rewards.

One faction, stationed at a shipping port could ship in weapons for example. Whereas another faction specialized in custom vehicles that could give the player an edge in the game.

Just like all Battle Royales, the game had a circle that would move into the middle of the map throughout the game. This game’s circle wasn’t gas though, it was deadly flying drones that would chase the player and shoot at them if they weren’t quick enough to move to the middle of the map.

Apart from a Battle Royale experience though, modding was a huge focus of the game. Its intention was to allow anyone to make their own custom map, and change weapon values, vehicle values, and more without any coding experience.

If COD nails their new DMZ mode and makes it accessible for the mainstream, that would change shooters like crazy. DICE tried and failed with Haha Zone. Escape from Tarkov fumbled the bag taking too long to release, but they used to get hundreds of thousands of concurrent players in early access a few years ago. Factions 2 is supposedly a DMZ game too, but thats just rumors right now.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
AAA Skateboard sim with the budget of EA Skate but with physics-based controls and more realistic skating like Skater XL & Session

I’d also like to see FromSoft make a futuristic, sci-fi type game

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Expecting:
Crazy graphics obviously

Hoping:
More space shyt
More robot shyt
Nintendo make new refreshing IP
We will see a combination of what we've already seen, just done better.
We'll game in a VR and or AR space
Inside that we'll have motion controls like a Wii-mote
Eventually it'll track your movements completely
And entire universes will exist in this "Meta" like state

And then the plot to the original Matrix becomes reality to some extent.. we are already batteries
We are already manipulated by the internet in ways that Trump supporters exist like they do because of it
It would be easier to control the minds of unassuming people and even more so kids
So be careful what you watch and play because maybe, just maybe its already too late...

I'm not bullshyttin either :merchant:

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Expecting more microtransactions, hoping for less microtransactions

I mainly play(ed) cod, and that shyt been depressing for the past 3-4 years. nikkas had the right formula, and fukked it all the way up trying to restructure the game so that people spend more time in menus and have more influences to buy shyt they don't need.

Also hoping for good ass multiplayer VR fps/rpg that makes me decide to go ahead and cop whatever the best gear is at the time. I remember playing runescape back in the day and i think something like that in VR would change the world

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
It's going to be about the ubiquity of gaming. We're going to see studios in non-traditional markets and new tools that quicken the time it takes to develop games. More games, more often.

I don't see a graphical leap happening, but I do see a leap in offering a richer more immersive experience. I'm thinking of natural language processing, capable of handling voice input, where you'd talk to an NPC much in the same way you do an alexa or siri now. Machine-Learning where characters are smart enough to respond on their own.

Games would feel lived in like never before. Imagine having to talk your way out of some deep shyt in GTA. Or even actually learning to speak valaryian just by running around in an open world Game of Thrones game with everyone to speak to.