42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
there really ain't a lot of teams that's making it through shibuya mentally :francis: the HxH gang? sure. Naruto and em? sakura is committing that
Manwha is 0 for 2 with me so far so that's disheartening.

And yeah, kaiju doesn't do anything wrong.

However it doesn't stand out either. It's like Mike Conley of the anime game. :dead:
there's a lot of mid out here. a steady PG gonna stand out :wow: but nah fr dandadan is flames

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
dandadan is actually good but i have zero faith in a quality adaptation :mjlol:
Well Dandadan is one of those that the manga will always be better because so many things have to be on point.

Having to live up to the insane art quality, having the creativity with good animation, voice actors and staff needs to be on point.

Science Saru is one of the few studios that could do a solid job with Dandadan. And judging from the pv art from the manga is taking a hit, but thats the better trade off since the animation is gonna be wild at times.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Just saw the new JJK, I can't act like I feel anything about that.

That flashback was like the only supplemental backstory we've gotten of her in the entire show to this point.

At least it wasn't my nikka Salmon. He's a real one. :wow:
And that's my really my only gripe with this anime. I have no reason to care about any of these characters. Even nanamin death had more of an impact because at least we got a glimpse into the reason as to why he does what he does during the 1st season. This show could have used more episode to develop these other side characters and help make us care. Everybody else just just fights because .......

Before nikkas come at my neck I still like the show.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well Dandadan is one of those that the manga will always be better because so many things have to be on point.

Having to live up to the insane art quality, having the creativity with good animation, voice actors and staff needs to be on point.

Science Saru is one of the few studios that could do a solid job with Dandadan. And judging from the pv art from the manga is taking a hit, but thats the better trade off since the animation is gonna be wild at times.

I am cautiously optimistic.
I need it to be successful enough for

Kaiju vs Buddha Bot and the crazy war scene after

to get a movie budget, because that's about the only way they could do those arcs justice.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
And that's my really my only gripe with this anime. I have no reason to care about any of these characters. Even nanamin death had more of an impact because at least we got a glimpse into the reason as to why he does what he does. Everybody else just just fights because .......

I mean thats fair criticsm. Nobra and Megumi could have benefited from this. Tho a big part of JJK's appeal is deviating from typical Shonen troupes (tho not at the level of CSM).

I have noticed that general speaking the anime only crowd seems to have loved secret inventory but shibuya is quite as loved i have.

I feel like one thing coming here was manga readers were hyping shibuya as it’s one of the best shonen arcs. But the thing it’s straight up an arc of just fights as everything that happened before sets it up wonderfully.

But again when manga readers hype an arc it can mislead and give false expectations. A lot of complaints are well it’s just an arc with fights because that’s what it is. But again it executes it so well.

If you are able to experience this arc blind in a binge god dam :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I mean thats fair criticsm. Nobra and Megumi could have benefited from this. Tho a big part of JJK's appeal is deviating from typical Shonen troupes (tho not at the level of CSM).

I have noticed that general speaking the anime only crowd seems to have loved secret inventory but shibuya is quite as loved i have.

I feel like one thing coming here was manga readers were hyping shibuya as it’s one of the best shonen arcs. But the thing it’s straight up an arc of just fights as everything that happened before sets it up wonderfully.

But again when manga readers hype an arc it can mislead and give false expectations. A lot of complaints are well it’s just an arc with fights because that’s what it is. But again it executes it so well.

If you are able to experience this arc blind in a binge god dam :banderas:
Trust bros. I still like the anime. That Sukuna don't move scene is still the coldest shyt I seen a villain do since Aizen was shytting on dudes in Bleach :wow:
And Sukuna is low key the best character in the whole show. He stills every scene he in.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I need it to be successful enough for

Kaiju vs Buddha Bot and the crazy war scene after

to get a movie budget, because that's about the only way they could do those arcs justice.
Dandadan if done right can really blow up. It has that craziness CSM has but it’s more conventional.

We got a good while till we get to the most reason manga arc so hopefully the adaptation goes well.

Among my favorite manga in order.

• Blue box
  • Boku Yaba
  • Dandadan
  • The witch and beast
  • Goddess cafe
  • Shangri-La Frontier
  • Frieren
  • SxF
Along with SxF Dandadan is my current favorite jump manga. Granted I still need to read sakomoto and Akane-banshi.

It hits all the Checkmarks.

Trust bros. I still like the anime. That Sukuna don't move scene is still the coldest shyt I seen a villain do since Aizen was shytting on dudes in Bleach :wow:
And Sukuna is low key the best character in the whole show. He stills every scene he in.
Gojo and Sukuna carry the manga.

And hell Getou and Toji are much more interesting then most of the cast tbh.

Tho yuji is my boy tho. Easily one of my favorite jump mc’s.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
And that's my really my only gripe with this anime. I have no reason to care about any of these characters. Even nanamin death had more of an impact because at least we got a glimpse into the reason as to why he does what he does during the 1st season. This show could have used more episode to develop these other side characters and help make us care. Everybody else just just fights because .......

Agreed. That's what's missing in these new anime, there's not enough time to grow and get to know the characters to really feel the stakes.

Fighting aimlessly is entertaining but it has diminishing returns.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Agreed. That's what's missing in these new anime, there's not enough time to grow and get to know the characters to really feel the stakes.

Fighting aimlessly is entertaining but it has diminishing returns.

Have brehs and brehettes on TikTok/YouTube crying over Nanamin/Nobara and I'm just like you hardly know them lol

Dudes used to shyt-talk Neji's death, but at least you grew up with breh

These new anime deaths just be like "Damn that happened" and onto the next one lol

Especially with how they've normalized killing characters off now

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Have brehs and brehettes on TikTok/YouTube crying over Nanamin/Nobara and I'm just like you hardly know them lol

Dudes used to shyt-talk Neji's death, but at least you grew up with breh

These new anime deaths just be like "Damn that happened" and onto the next one lol

Especially with how they've normalized killing characters off now
Well to be fair Nanami was executed very well. Gege made him just a relatable character and his backstory really hit home. And him saying you got this to Yuji just elevated it to the next level.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Well to be fair Nanami was executed very well. Gege made him just a relatable character and his backstory really hit home. And him saying you got this to Yuji just elevated it to the next level.
Yeah I'm not sure if some of this is for everyone because there's clearly a significant portion of people who enjoyed these characters but for some there needs to be a formulaic backstory or mini arc for each one.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Yeah I'm not sure if some of this is for everyone because there's clearly a significant portion of people who enjoyed these characters but for some there needs to be a formulaic backstory or mini arc for each one.

Nanami was also a side-character; he is not considered a main. Yet the way how Gege styled him, it made him easily likeable. At the same time, people forget as well, Jujutsu Socery is a extremely dangerous job; your expected to die if you fukk up.

When you live in that culture, death is acceptable and there are times when people want long-form, long-term lore leading to a tragic end... but in life, you could lose a friend without warning in a auto-accident; stolen from us.

Nanami was just that, a life stolen doing a dangerous job before we really got to know him.

:sas2: If it helps they can just make a YouTube Music Video with Linkin Park's "What I've Done" or "Crawling".

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Like while it wasn't a big deal for me I get why people get invested in a character like Nobra. She is a badass cool character.

Compared to lets say Megumi who needs a backstory to get you invested because like Todo said he's boring. Personality of a character can go a long way and that I feel like people here over look.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man oh man. SxF wrapped up Boat arc and man big props to both Cloverworks and Wit for adapting the arc perfectly. Everything was on point music, animation, etc. In a stacked season SxF truly standing out among the crowd. And the series just gets better from here on.

Man talk delivering so well on the finale of this arc. Last week was beautifully executed but this top it. The music during the fight was great. Yor firming her resolve at the end of last episode. Also seeing how the family got involved was in their classic fashion. Anya demonstrating her throw is funny how she views compared to what it actually is, but hey it ended up helping Yor.

They were really gonna bomb that whole ship JFC. Thank god Twilight was around. And ironically he ended up stopping the last 2 goons from any future plots.

Man the good bye between Olka and Yor was so sweet. She can't thank Yor enough afterall her son gets to live a normal life now. Director making it so Yor can spend time with Loid and Anya is a fitting reward. Great job to both Wit and Cloverworks adapting this arc to perfection.

Can't wait till we get to S3 and we get Loid's backstory arc.

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.00.20_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.17.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.17.52_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.18.02_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.18.45_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.20.01_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.20.35_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.20.50_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.25.17_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.27.32_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.29.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-12-02_at_1.29.13_PM.png