What AEW/WWE Talent do you see switching sides when contracts are up?

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Things will ebb and flow. Like worst case scenario everyone jumps ship on AEW, it'll eventually overload WWE again (and Trips is doing every role now) and AEW will have a reset. Both companies will have a back and forth every other year in terms of whos desirable I feel.
I bet you really do feel this way, bless your heart

It's already said but it's too early with the E. LAVECK still has the new car smell on him but I am starting to catch a whiff of something that STINKS

One side isn't ran by a 77 year old that can't keep it in his pants and can't keep fans interested in his product anymore so I don't this ebb and flow happening at all. Most of the ex-WWE talent over there were deavored and firings Hunter probably wouldn't have made.

Even for talent that aren't on screen across the 3 shows as much, they never have to worry about bookings outside the E like AEW talent on top of getting paid more on average. Midcarders are getting top guy salary from 10 years ago. Most aren't voluntarily leaving WWE.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
they never have to worry about bookings outside the E like AEW talent
Who says they have to worry? While many take non-AEW bookings, it's mostly low midcard and Dark wrestlers and even then a lot of them never or rarely do it. But many of them do it because they want to, not because they have to worry about it. Like Danielson even cited the chance to do indies and New Japan as one of the reasons for leaving WWE to come to AEW.

Adam Cole doesn't take non-AEW bookings. Same goes with Adam Page, Jericho, Christian, CM Punk, Darby Allin, Jade Cargill, Jamie Hayter, Jungle Boy, Keith Lee, Kyle O'Reilly, Miro, MJF, Hobbs, Ricky Starks, Toni Storm

Samoa Joe, Danielson, and Claudio haven't yet.

Kenny Omega stopped once the Impact partnership ended.

You can count on one hand the number of non-AEW booking Britt Baker, Wardlow, the Young Bucks, and PAC each have done since they joined AEW

Sammy Guevara, Orange Cassidy, and Kris Statlander only take like 2-3 now AEW bookings a year.

But some of the higher caliber wrestlers do like Moxley (and a lot of those are NJPW), Andrade, The Acclaimed, House of Black, Daniel Garcia (but he's cutting back on it), FTR, Eddie Kingston, PAC, Lucha Bros, Swerve, Wheeler Yuta (had 17 matches with NJPW this year)

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
It will be interesting to see how Triple H handles his first and inevitable management crisis (lets be real somebody is going to test him and the new regime). Might be somebody loyal to Vince on the low like Miz, or somebody who assumed they would be getting something nobody promised them like Ziggler.

But I dont see anyone leaving the E for a good while. I think all those ex WWE guys in AEW except probably Adam Cole are sending “hey big head” type texts on the low low

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Might be somebody loyal to Vince on the low like Miz, or somebody who assumed they would be getting something nobody promised them like Ziggler.

Zero chance of them leaving for another promotion. Miz is a corporate, company guy who has been given everything by WWE and Ziggler already does a lot of outside WWE stuff already. For either of them to leave, the WWE would have to do something colossally fukked up and even then, I think both probably have non-wrestling projects that they'd want to do.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I bet you really do feel this way, bless your heart

It's already said but it's too early with the E. LAVECK still has the new car smell on him but I am starting to catch a whiff of something that STINKS

One side isn't ran by a 77 year old that can't keep it in his pants and can't keep fans interested in his product anymore so I don't this ebb and flow happening at all. Most of the ex-WWE talent over there were deavored and firings Hunter probably wouldn't have made.

Even for talent that aren't on screen across the 3 shows as much, they never have to worry about bookings outside the E like AEW talent on top of getting paid more on average. Midcarders are getting top guy salary from 10 years ago. Most aren't voluntarily leaving WWE.

you're making my point for me about why it would ebb and flow with WWE. Hunter's been tested in running the entire main roster but he had challenges and hate when he was just talent relations. He'll face challenges. Theres no way he'll be "Papa H" for decades. Both sides are gonna have their honeymoon and rough periods with appeasing talent

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I can see Jade Cargill (I think she changed her mind about WWE when she saw how Bianca & Montez were treated like a big deal at that NASCAR event the three of them attended), Ricky Starks, Miro, Samoa Joe (non-wrestling role), Jerikkko (legends deal), Max Caster, Mark Henry (non-wrestling role/legends deal), Jim Ross (front office/legends deal), Paul Wight (legends deal)
On the flip side:
Aaliyah, Raquel Gonzalez, Alexa Bliss, Damien Priest, Finn Balor, and Nikita Lyons all need to take their talents to YouTube.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I can see Jade Cargill (I think she changed her mind about WWE when she saw how Bianca & Montez were treated like a big deal at that NASCAR event the three of them attended), Ricky Starks, Miro, Samoa Joe (non-wrestling role), Jerikkko (legends deal), Max Caster, Mark Henry (non-wrestling role/legends deal), Jim Ross (front office/legends deal), Paul Wight (legends deal)
On the flip side:
Aaliyah, Raquel Gonzalez, Alexa Bliss, Damien Priest, Finn Balor, and Nikita Lyons all need to take their talents to YouTube.
Finn Balor is going back to the UK whenever he is done with WWE.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No names/ nobody important type people jumping to aew
And big names returning to wwe

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I can see Mustafa Ali dipping the second his contract is up.

There's no reason Keith Lee wouldn't come back now.

Nobody's mentioned Chris Jericho. Why wouldn't he come back and do the retirement hall of fame tour?