What AEW/WWE Talent do you see switching sides when contracts are up?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Things are gonna look interesting heading into 2024. What AEW talent do you see returning to the E? Or what homegrown AEW talent do you see leaving? Same goes for the E.

I see Miro, Keith Lee, Swerve and Andrade returning to the E. I really don’t know what E talent would bounce. Maybe, just maybe, Seth Rollins leaves to do something fresh. KO if the Bucks are still with AEW in the future. :skip:

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
Honestly, I feel guys like KO, Sami, Finn, AJ, Rollins are all WWE lifers. The fans complain about their treatment, but I'm pretty sure all have gone on record about how happy they are in the company. Keith, Lee Johnson, Andrade and Malakai are probably switching sides.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
As far as WWE talent goes, I think it's really too early to tell with HHH at the helm. Going to have to wait until the honeymoon period is over and people start getting mad about how they are being used (or not being used). Not everyone over there is going to be happy into perpetuity. Some people just aren't going to have an creative plans due to lack of TV time for them and will want to leave for more opportunities.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
After how the ex WWE talent have been booked in AEW I don't see many more jumping over.
Only one I can think of is the Viking Raiders, but considering that they're having a renewed push, I'm not even sure about that. WWE has like 8 hours of television to show their talent off. From a pure numbers standpoint, they are better equipped to show off their large roster and keep them relevant than AEW does.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Only one I can think of is the Viking Raiders, but considering that they're having a renewed push, I'm not even sure about that. WWE has like 8 hours of television to show their talent off. From a pure numbers standpoint, they are better equipped to show off their large roster and keep them relevant than AEW does.
You counting Main Event on Peacock in that 8 hours? And the vast majority of the main roster talent isn't going to be down in NXT once they get called up.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
. Going to have to wait until the honeymoon period is over and people start getting mad about how they are being used (or not being used). Not everyone over there is going to be happy into perpetuity. Some people just aren't going to have an creative plans due to lack of TV time for them and will want to leave for more opportunities.

I realized that talking point is dumb to use since both companies are doing that shyt with talent, AEW more so now.

Things might look different come contract time tho. :jbhmm:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The more interesting question might be around New Japan talent like Ospreay and Jay White.

AEW are in a tough position because signing them might hurt their working relationship with New Japan but I'd expect HHH to be very interested in White.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
The more interesting question might be around New Japan talent like Ospreay and Jay White.

AEW are in a tough position because signing them might hurt their working relationship with New Japan but I'd expect HHH to be very interested in White.

Not sure if it's the piling of injuries or his attitude, but I don't see Ospreay going to WWE. Can definitely see them making a push for White.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
After how the ex WWE talent have been booked in AEW I don't see many more jumping over.

Things will ebb and flow. Like worst case scenario everyone jumps ship on AEW, it'll eventually overload WWE again (and Trips is doing every role now) and AEW will have a reset. Both companies will have a back and forth every other year in terms of whos desirable I feel.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Things will ebb and flow. Like worst case scenario everyone jumps ship on AEW, it'll eventually overload WWE again (and Trips is doing every role now) and AEW will have a reset. Both companies will have a back and forth every other year in terms of whos desirable I feel.
And I have to think at some point in time AEW starts trimming back on roster size. When that is I haven't the slightest clue though.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
And I have to think at some point in time AEW starts trimming back on roster size. When that is I haven't the slightest clue though.

Probably pretty soon given the 3 year deals they were giving out at the start of the promotion are starting to come to an end