WGN's Underground Cancelled

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Never watched it but I am kinda of happy, I don't care that the depiction of slaves w as different this time around. That we have to see slaves at all and this is mostly how black actors not doing a Tyler Perry production can get paid is a problem.
Africa is rich with oil and gold why can't someone do an African version of Dallas or a serialized show on blood diamonds. Its always slave this slave that

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Never watched it but I am kinda of happy, I don't care that the depiction of slaves w as different this time around. That we have to see slaves at all and this is mostly how black actors not doing a Tyler Perry production can get paid is a problem.
Africa is rich with oil and gold why can't someone do an African version of Dallas or a serialized show on blood diamonds. Its always slave this slave that

Then you're not gonna like the fact that Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) is doing a show called Underground Railroad for Amazon lol

‘Moonlight’ Director Barry Jenkins to Write, Direct ‘Underground Railroad’ Series at Amazon

I didn't watch this version and I don't plan on watching the Jenkins version either, but it sucks that a show that was apparently good got cancelled, I guess.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Then you're not gonna like the fact that Barry Jenkins (Moonlight) is doing a show called Underground Railroad for Amazon lol

‘Moonlight’ Director Barry Jenkins to Write, Direct ‘Underground Railroad’ Series at Amazon

I didn't watch this version and I don't plan on watching the Jenkins version either, but it sucks that a show that was apparently good got cancelled, I guess.
I didn't watch moonlight and don't trust feminized black males anyway so I was never going to check for that. Was probably going to have a couple of gay sub plots. Like slaves had the time to be pillow biters right?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
If its really a $5 Million dollar per episode budget, only Netflix can save them:yeshrug:
They can only hope that Netflix would want to combat Amazon's "Underground Railroad" with 3 or 4 seasons already in the bag with this by the time Amazon's version releases
It probably does cost a lot to shoot in those sets with made to look like the 1800s and all the clothes, horses & buggies, plantations, etc

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I was fukking with this joint. Slavery existed. Can't run from that. The fact that this wasn't a depiction of "typical slaves" was what made it dope to me. They were taking it to the them muthafukkas..
I hope a network saves this joint..

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I started tuning out once I saw they changed the tone of the series in Season 2 to make the main character a slavery superhero taking bullets while pregnant and killing bad guys at the same time. The Harriet Tubman speech was the nail in the coffin for me
Man, she went hard!
I would imagine real life slaves endured much more than that. You would've had to literally KILL THEM to stop them from reaching freedom...

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
WGN fukking up big time. My girl and I did some Extra work on The Outsiders...was hoping they'd do a 3rd season so we could get in on that shyt.
Did you like Outsiders? I thought it was so ridiculous that it was entertaining, but I'm not interested enough to watch season 2

I think the cancellation of underground has more to do with the network and not the content or theme. No one is checking for WGN for quality dramatic shows

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

how much slavery movie and tv show can they make :gucci: didnt they reboot roots too?