WGN's Underground Cancelled

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
WGN America is officially out of the high-end original scripted series business. As expected, the cable network today cancelled acclaimed drama Underground after two seasons. It follows the recent cancellation of fellow drama Outsiders as WGN America is changing its programming course, while its parent Tribune is preparing for its acquisition by Sinclair.

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline...d-wgn-america-after-2-seasons-1202104502/amp/

BET and OWN already passed on picking it up (big surprise right):mjcry:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Hulu will pick it up. They are steering more towards critically acclaimed programming.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I started tuning out once I saw they changed the tone of the series in Season 2 to make the main character a slavery superhero taking bullets while pregnant and killing bad guys at the same time. The Harriet Tubman speech was the nail in the coffin for me

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
netflix, hulu or amazon these little garbage networks never want to cut the fukking check...:birdman:

Yea apparently they can't go to Netflix because they already have a streaming deal in place with Hulu. So it's pretty much Hulu or bust at this point because nobody wants to pay the price tag for a slavery show that actually shows the slaves freeing THEMSELVES and not being helped every single step of the way by White Jesus

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised a show on WGN was getting made for 5M an episode. That's more than the first season of True Detective (and that was after a bidding war). Granted that was in 2014 but still.