WESTWORLD looking like the goat HBO series..... :lupe:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Original Film(By Michael Crichton) was in 1973 and its :banderas: Now you JJ Abrams, Nolan(screenplay for prestige, worked on dark knight, interstellar....) :wow: and they aint hampered by network tv restrictions....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is this a good movie or did it need to be remade into this TV show? :jbhmm:

It's a great movie. Dated as fukk (obviously) but it's the precursor for "Jurassic Park".

The series seems mostly the same but just watching the trailer I see a few obvious differences. The series shows more of the "behind the scenes" stuff on how they run the park and make the robots, the movie was mostly about the park after the robots go crazy.

Also the original Man In Black (the villain) was played by Yul Brynner and was a straight up killer. The Man In Black in the series is played by Ed Harris and he seems more like a revolutionary.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's a great movie. Dated as fukk (obviously) but it's the precursor for "Jurassic Park".

The series seems mostly the same but just watching the trailer I see a few obvious differences. The series shows more of the "behind the scenes" stuff on how they run the park and make the robots, the movie was mostly about the park after the robots go crazy.

Also the original Man In Black (the villain) was played by Yul Brynner and was a straight up killer. The Man In Black in the series is played by Ed Harris and he seems more like a revolutionary.

Fred.
Cool, since you seen the movie and liked it. How far can they take this concept as far as a series? Is this a good idea to you or is it like possibly messing it up?
There being a good movie out there makes me even less excited. Maybe I should just watch that. I mean it's HBO so I'll check it out but I'm not high on what I seen so far.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cool, since you seen the movie and liked it. How far can they take this concept as far as a series? Is this a good idea to you or is it like possibly messing it up?
There being a good movie out there makes me even less excited. Maybe I should just watch that. I mean it's HBO so I'll check it out but I'm not high on what I seen so far.

They can take the concept very far. The original movie was called "West World" but the theme park had two other areas, one based on the Roman Empire and another based on a Medieval Empire.

Not to mention, while the concept is the same the movie and series are two different perspectives. The series seems to be focusing on the robots and how they feel, and the moral dilemma of creating AI solely to serve humans....vs the movie which basically turned into a horror flick in the end.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This doesn't even make sense.

Trailer seemed to portray a fake world for people's minds while their bodies are held in captivity. Even the line about if you can't tell it's not real does it matter is similar to Morpheus explaining the Matrix. 'What is real?' That doesn't seem like territory The Matrix has already covered?

pop

Banned
Daps
This show makes Zero sense to me. Who cares about a bunch of robots? Where is the drama if no one could be really hurt or killed?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This show makes Zero sense to me. Who cares about a bunch of robots? Where is the drama if no one could be really hurt or killed?

Not everyone is robots. Half the people in the trailer ain't robots. A gang of people died in the OG movie.

And lots of people care about robots. If what you're saying is true nobody would've gave a fukk about this scene:

Fred.