Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris (Discussion Thread)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay Versace going be a problem

I still can't believe he even makes beats let alone got on a Griselda project. He's the last person I'd expect to make music for street artists.

Apparently they have a tape on the way:ohhh::

Jay Versace has one of the best beats on here. How did you guys even link up?
Yeah, that shyt crazy. [Laughs.] He just DM’d me and I'm like, “Man, what the fukk Jay Versace want?” That's the first thing I thought. “What the fukk Jay Versace want, man?” And he was just like, “Yo, man. I make beats, man. I want to send you some beats.” I’m thinking like, “Yo, this shyt got to be a joke, man.” [Laughs.]

He’s a funny kid. You thought you were gonna be in one of his skits and shyt.
Yeah, you know what I'm saying? Out of all people, Jay Versace talking about, “I want to send you beats.” I’m like, “Either he just playing and shyt—some joke shyt because this is what he do—or this shyt about to be trash.” [Laughs.] He's just trying his shot, you know what I mean? But man, that was the first beat he even sent me. As soon as I heard it, I recorded it and sent it back to him. Right now, there's no lie. I got at least 30 Jay Versace beats.

All the beats are good, but that might be my favorite one. Is there gonna be a Jay Versace x Gunn tape on the way?
Listen, man. I might as well tell you. It's coming. He just sent me something crazy the other day. Don't worry about it. Because for real, for real, I already had a sit-down session and picked out beats. I already have enough for a project with him that would fukking sound insane. I think ahead. I already put the beats already to the side. I done paid a painter to paint the cover. All of that shyt. The cover is halfway done, being painted. That's how I think. I just think steps ahead. So, it's like, that's some exclusive shyt that people don't know about, but some Jay Versace shyt on the way.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
What other beats he did? Never heard of him

I still can't believe he even makes beats let alone got on a Griselda project. He's the last person I'd expect to make music for street artists.

Apparently they have a tape on the way:ohhh::

One my sisters put me on to his soundcloud page months ago
He makes Kaytranda type music , uses lots of soul samples
I never saw him producing rap music tho

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What other beats he did? Never heard of him

None. He got famous off Vine and doing comedy on social media.

One my sisters put me on to his soundcloud page months ago
He makes Kaytranda type music , uses lots of soul samples
I never saw him producing rap music tho

Yeah, I checked it out earlier. I'd say it's more Knxwledge than Kay or a mash up of their styles. He definitely crafted a unique sound with how he flips samples. Not sure that I like most of it though. I don't think I heard any drums on the songs I checked out.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still trying to accept this as reality. Gay Versace?! The YouTube turned ig star? :mindblown:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I grew up listening to B-Real and Freeway. Westside Gunn isn’t that bad by comparison

Me too. Freeway way more listenable than this cat. Its a combo of the 12 year old voice and the absolutely garbage adlibs on every fukking song. That dududududud shyt he does :hhh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Me too. Freeway way more listenable than this cat. Its a combo of the 12 year old voice and the absolutely garbage adlibs on every fukking song. That dududududud shyt he does :hhh:
His adlibs are annoying as shyt but not his voice.

I listen to Young Roddy too and he sounds like a little kid but it works for him. It makes him sound hungry to get a deal.