Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
People gonna hate on French Toast but I fukk with the vibe
Camouflage Monk showed the fukk up for this between French Toast and 327.

As usual, Westside Gunn is either super hit (like Elizabeth) or super miss with ALC beats. They're almost guaranteed to not have drums, and sometimes the loops seem kinda lazy. Not feeling the joint with Boldy at all. His ear for production is great but he's like Action and Earl in that he can't help himself with the drumless loops sometimes. Thankfully the joint with Gibbs and Marci is pretty dope.

I like both the Daringer joints, and the one co-produced by Beat Butcha I wonder if it's a leftover from WWCD since all 3 are on it?

The Muggs joint to start it off is nice too. West is spitting on there too. :leon:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Camouflage Monk showed the fukk up for this between French Toast and 327.

As usual, Westside Gunn is either super hit (like Elizabeth) or super miss with ALC beats. They're almost guaranteed to not have drums, and sometimes the loops seem kinda lazy. Not feeling the joint with Boldy at all. His ear for production is great but he's like Action and Earl in that he can't help himself with the drumless loops sometimes. Thankfully the joint with Gibbs and Marci is pretty dope.

I like both the Daringer joints, and the one co-produced by Beat Butcha I wonder if it's a leftover from WWCD since all 3 are on it?

The Muggs joint to start it off is nice too. West is spitting on there too. :leon:

It's out there out there already? :leon:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo he just basically lost his whole channel breh. Click on anything Griselda related on there.

:mjcry:

he got greedy and wouldn’t just wait until tomorrow
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Serves him right tbf, my man been EATING off dem griselda views for years

Bet westside saw the upload and was like

"Ayo....what the fucc is this channel gahhhwd?? I know he aint upload all my fuccin joints man i'll rip his fuccin head off man I KEEP TELLING nikkaS, DON'T GO IN MY FUCCIN LOCKER MAN! you leak my tracks, i leak nikkas channels....lemme hit that copyright vio button like BRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT...ayo"

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Quarantine, global uncertainty, and a dope ass Premo beat going to WSG instead of Nas.
:mjcry:

I kinda like that second Alchemist joint. The sample sounds very familiar but I can't place it.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Serves him right tbf, my man been EATING off dem griselda views for years

Bet westside saw the upload and was like

"Ayo....what the fucc is this channel gahhhwd?? I know he aint upload all my fuccin joints man i'll rip his fuccin head off man like he took some vetements boots out my locker....lemme hit that copyright vio button like BRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT...ayo"
I figured he was a member of their crew on the low.

But yeah if you look now, pretty much every project that West, Benny, or Conway has released on any streaming platform now says blocked.

So him uploading Pray for Paris early definitely had bigger repercussions than he was expecting.

Pack2

..Pack2..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I fukkin love all of Gunn and Alc's drumless beats :russ:

The drumless joints are dope on all his records. It's like a signature for him and guys like Roc Marci. I dont know what it is but I've always fukked with that sound, as long as it's not overdone :whoa:

I'd probably be disappointed if I didn't hear a drumless loop on one of his joints

That Gibbs and Roc joint is :lawd:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL