Wesley Snipes Reveals Untold Story Behind His 'Black Panther' Film

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
NOT A SOUL wanted to make comic flicks after the Batman & Robin fiasco in 1997.

Wesley proved a well trained popular actor could take a comic property...stick to the source material make it edgy violent and make a shyt ton of money. You could make a small case for The Crow but Blade had the Marvel name and Welsey star power.

After that X-Men in 2000 got greenlit and it was on from there.

Blade singlehandedly made Marvel matter as a film name.

Due to that edgy stuff like Nolan's series was able to be mainstream accepted.

I know....I watched Blade EVERY DAY ON TAPE as a teenager.

Blade....nobody knew who that was. Without Blade small properties like Iron Man or Thor don't get greenlit....
Facts

Blade opened doors

jackson35

Banned
Daps
SINGLETON is always revealed to be a clown in the behind the scenes stories.

and can the BP articles show Reginald Hudlin props for keeping the interest in the character out there?
it was disrespectful to approach him simply because he is a black director rather then seek a more season director with some vision for the project

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

You're joking right? Name 1 successful Marvel flick prior to Blade. Financially...critically.

I'll wait....

Avi Arad....who produced later on X-Men and Spider-Man got his start with Blade.

Marvel was damn near insolvent in the 90's and Blade gave investors confidence and it a decent amount of money to stave off getting sold off.

It's no coincidence X-Men and Spider-Man both suddenly out of left field got greenlit right after....when both were stuck in development hell for 10+ years.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: do tell...

Basically he would try to have sex with female extras and acted like he was at glorified music video shoot.

On Shaft they said Sam Jackson almost choked him out cause he was blasting rap music and partying and shyt and not taking it seriously. Missing scenes and putting them behind schedule.