"We're going to try to win EVERY GAME" - The Chicago Bulls 2024-25 Season Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it’s also time to ensure we get a top pick in a loaded draft. nothing is more important than landing a top five pick in ‘25
The East is top heavy, with the moves the Bulls have made, they'll still be a 35 win-ish team, and with any of these young guys taking a step they could be similar to last year.

They'll be fighting for a Play-In spot again

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we ne
The East is top heavy, with the moves the Bulls have made, they'll still be a 35 win-ish team, and with any of these young guys taking a step they could be similar to last year.

They'll be fighting for a Play-In spot again
we need to be bottom 5 with Pistons, Wizards, Blazers, Spurs, Hornets - we need to break into this group of 5 teams. I guess bottom 6 should give us lotto odds to get in the mix there. Im hoping Raptors, Nets are just better than us. Raptors def should be. I cant think or any teams outside that 7 as bad as the Bulls. We are at best a bottom 8 team.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pistons were the worst team in the nba back to back & fell to 5th with the best odds at #1 :yeshrug:

Hawks just jumped up to 1 from 12,That tanking shyt dead just want to stay in the top 10 so the bulls can keep their pick
they jumped from 10 and it was still only 3% odds. The Bulls need to walk away with a top 5 pick in this draft or else its just back to the hamster wheel again. The lottery odds have smoothed out some but the best way to secure top picks is still by being a bottom 4 team. Once you get to 5/6/7 youre chances of slipping back jump big time. The fact that the odds are leveled out actually help the Bulls, because we dont need to be as bad as the Pistons or Wizards to have the same/similar odds for the top pick, but we do want to be in the bottom 4

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
we ne

we need to be bottom 5 with Pistons, Wizards, Blazers, Spurs, Hornets - we need to break into this group of 5 teams. I guess bottom 6 should give us lotto odds to get in the mix there. Im hoping Raptors, Nets are just better than us. Raptors def should be. I cant think or any teams outside that 7 as bad as the Bulls. We are at best a bottom 8 team.
I can see the Raptors moving up the standings. They were actively losing to try and keep their pick from San Antonio last season.

Nets have picked a direction and want to be bad. They aren't done moving pieces either to ensure they are a bottom team.

Pistons, Wizards, Spurs, Blazers all have to win double the amount of games they won last year to finish with 30 to 40ish wins. Grizzlies will surely move out of that bottom 10 range with Ja coming back.

Its going to be close and AK/Billy may have to finesse some things in games to drop games. I honestly see a year like Utah had when they traded away Gobert and Mitchell where everyone thought they'd be trash and they ended up being very solid.

This team is more in a retool than a rebuild. They are getting a lot younger, but the young guys will have all experience playing rotational or starters minutes before outside of Matas.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also, if Zach is here because they want to rehab his value, they should be able to put up some points...

The starting 5's defense is probably bottom 3 in the league tho

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I'm done with the tanking shyt. Wake me up when we finally get lucky in it. Spent years watching teams with better records than ours get higher picks than us. I'm tired of the draft crap shoot.

It's why I don't care about some draft compensation in this DeRozan trade. All I see is guys who will get drafted and sent to the windy city bulls. Give me a proven commodity.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm done with the tanking shyt. Wake me up when we finally get lucky in it. Spent years watching teams with better records than ours get higher picks than us. I'm tired of the draft crap shoot.

It's why I don't care about some draft compensation in this DeRozan trade. All I see is guys who will get drafted and sent to the windy city bulls. Give me a proven commodity.
When’s the last time we actually tanked though? We always made some half ass attempt.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Josh Giddey flow

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
When’s the last time we actually tanked though? We always made some half ass attempt.
I don't think you can half ass tank. I pointed out that there were teams in the years after the Jimmy trade with better records than us who picked ahead of us. As pointed out above Detroit was just dam near historically bad and got 5th. We missed getting 2nd 1 year on a coin flip. This tank shyt just ain't been working for us. And I'm tired of hoping for it. If we luck up and land top pick cool. But wanting to lose games to pick 7th is disheartening. I just can't believe that all our future came down to garpax adding guys who not even in the league no more. If that is what it takes to lose out on the draft then it furthers my disinterest in hoping for the draft.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think you can half ass tank. I pointed out that there were teams in the years after the Jimmy trade with better records than us who picked ahead of us. As pointed out above Detroit was just dam near historically bad and got 5th. We missed getting 2nd 1 year on a coin flip. This tank shyt just ain't been working for us. And I'm tired of hoping for it. If we luck up and land top pick cool. But wanting to lose games to pick 7th is disheartening. I just can't believe that all our future came down to garpax adding guys who not even in the league no more. If that is what it takes to lose out on the draft then it furthers my disinterest in hoping for the draft.
difference this year is the draft has 5 blue chip prospects. We need to walk away with one of them. And we need to protect against our pick being top 10 protected. We cannot not have our first in this draft. It’s too important. Have to do what’s needed to secure it

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
difference this year is the draft has 5 blue chip prospects. We need to walk away with one of them. And we need to protect against our pick being top 10 protected. We cannot not have our first in this draft. It’s too important. Have to do what’s needed to secure it

the pelicans ,lakers ,hawks,grizz all jumped into the top 4 since the lottery was flattened when they had odds at 8-10.ain’t no tanking , keep your fingers crossed & hope for the best

I hope/want the bulls to get a top 1-5 pick but ain’t no science to it anymore. In the past worst record in the league guaranteed you the 4th pick at the minimum it’s changed look at the pistons